Job ID: JOB-12688
Responsible for directing all sales activities within the site/company and ensuring the company’s sales growth year on year in line with the business expectations whilst working with the executive team in achieving site/company KPI’s. To actively develop long-term relationships with your assigned client group, connecting with key business executives and stakeholders. You will liaise between customers and cross-functional internal teams to ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs.
- Devising and implementing the sales strategy.
- Setting revenue targets and delivery of the Budget plan.
- Responsible for developing profitable sales growth through organic and new business
- Increasing customer satisfaction and continuously improving KPI performance.
- Provide MCC business and individual units with customer changing needs and market trends to remain customer lead and market leaders.
- Lowering sales costs through working with procurement and operations in CI & lean manufacturing. This is achieved by coaching the Sales Team, building necessary skills to acquire and grow profitable customers by identifying, quantifying and selling MCC value to the customer.
Principle Duties, Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Comprehensive understanding of Category market dynamics, segments and trends
- Develop support tools and assist Sales Executives in building individual customer strategies.
- Continuous support to Sales executives to ensure profitability is maximised.
- Collaborative approach with Executive team to deliver the Company/Site Strategy
- Key Deliverables: Category Sales Strategy and Plan, Effective customer segmentation to drive high performance specific service needs, Schedule “joint customer visits” with each executive, Target account action plans in the Sales Strategy, Key Account selection, definition and ownership, Monthly report outlining performance against company KPI’s, high/lows, market intelligence, actions to delivery to the sales plan.
Customer/ Market Relationship
- Take steps to ensure that Customer expectations are exceeded and the level of service is exceptional on a consistent basis, as measured against agreed business standards
- Communicate clearly progress monthly/quarterly initiatives to client and internal teams
- Actively work towards creating and maintaining a positive relationship between the client and all other areas of the business – Know your customers.
- Promote and develop cross-functional relationships and communications at all levels
- Lead the Sales team in all customer focused activities and initiatives
- Identify and grow opportunities within account in collaboration with sales team
- Manage all high-level customer escalations
- Ensure all areas are appropriately resourced at the right times, in line with budget requirements, to meet the needs of the Customers
- Understand the competitors offering and develop plan to overcome key challenges
- Key Deliverables: annual customer visit/contact plan, key account implementation and achievement, market price expertise within category, competitor analysis SWOT v MCC
Coaching & Talent Development (Sales)
- Create a positive work environment and lead by example
- Attract and retain talent
- Makes courageous decisions on good/poor performers
- Key Deliverables: Annual capability/people plan, Regular scheduled skills development sessions, Monthly one-to-one meetings with direct reports, Weekly planners to manage time effectively.
Performance Management of Sales Team
- Continuous Review of Market performance versus the annual plan and budget
- Monthly/Quarterly Plan with account reviews and forecast
- Creation of action plans to address under performance
- Pipeline development to support continuous profitable growth
- Management of effective lead generation
- Identify revenue streams that add value to the business and increase service offering to the customer
- Key Deliverables: Monthly Performance Dashboard to track progress, with year-end projections and action plans, Identify underperforming accounts and share data with site managements teams; who, why and what’s being done, Forecast development. Monthly/quarterly and horizon sales forecast, Maintenance of strong pipeline across categories and product to reduce business risk. Reported to the business in a clear and concise manner to aide future direction.
Compliance in Sales
- Ensure all Company and client policies, procedures and legal requirements are adhered to
- Deliver exceptional Standards and disciplines throughout all areas of client requirements
- Forecast and track key sales account metrics
- Use effective communication methods to cascade relevant information to the internal team
- Develop effective relationships with key client teams to ensure guidance and assistance is provided to internal teams to achieve business objectives. Drive results through supporting colleagues and sharing best practice
- Demonstrate a structured approach to customer visits ensuring maximum impact on performance is achieved each time
- Where appropriate, contribute to investigations into audit, security, stock management issues
- Take ownership for assigned projects and work towards achieving Business Plan Sales goals for the year
- Manage project resources as appropriate providing updates to key stakeholders when required
- When requested, contribute to other Company projects as a key team member
- Participate fully in ongoing reviews of policies, procedures and operation documentation
- Develop support tools and assist Sales Executives in building individual customer strategies
- Ensure that the safety policies and procedures are understood and adhered to as far as is reasonably practicable in order to ensure a safe working environment.
- Track & Drive Sales Performance & Business Growth in line with Budgets
- Ensure compliance with written operating plans and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with customer requirements, quality goals, service levels and performance standards.
- Produce and collate all monthly and quarterly and ad hoc sales reports for finance, corporate and customer requirements and other external and internal stakeholders when required in line with deadlines
- Monthly report outlining performance against company KPI’s, high/lows, market intelligence, actions to delivery to the sales plan
- Carry out work in accordance with the Company Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
- Perform the assigned tasks with due diligence regarding the Integrated Management Systems on the Company.
- Eliminate waste of whatever form, to suggest the use of more environmentally friendly substances and practices and contribute to the continuous improvement of the environment.
- Coordinate the Sales Team such as sales pipeline, journey plans, expenses, monthly sales meetings etc
- Assist with any other duties as and when required.
- The list of the job duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and the post holder will be required to undertake tasks that may reasonably be expected within the scope of the post.
Key Performance Indicators
- Market sales and profitability versus budget and prior year.
- Retention of the customer base through “understanding the customer needs”
- Pipeline maintenance in line with business growth expectations
- Customer feedback in an accurately and timely manner to allow the business to react to a changing need in service or capability.
- Sales team retention and engagement
- Talent pipeline development.
The post holder is responsible for their continuous professional and personal self-development.
The extent and speed of change in the delivery of services is such that adaptability is essential to this level of appointment. The person chosen will be required to maintain, enhance and develop their knowledge, skills and aptitudes necessary to respond to changing situations. Therefore, this Job Description is an outline of the current broad areas of responsibility and accountability and should not be regarded as a comprehensive listing. It will be reviewed and updated in line with future needs.
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12828 Associate Manager QA Regulatory Compliance We know it’s not all about the money when you’re looking…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12827 Senior QA Operations Manager Location: Limerick Permanent position Ready to join one of the truly great companies in…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12826 Engineering Manager Maintenance Engineering Location: Cork I am looking to speak with…