Senior Accountant - 12 Month FTC
Our client, a medical device company in Athlone is currently looking to recruit a Senior Accountant on a 12 month FTC for their site.
In the Athlone finance department we focus on servicing the plant’s needs as well as our reporting requirement to Corporate. We are actively involved in the day to day activities of the plant while we also ensure that Corporate are kept informed of our financial performance.
Responsibilities as Senior Accountant:
- You will be responsible for preparing month end accounts as well regular forecasting of results including budgets.
- You will provide analysis and interpretation that allows the business to be understood.
- Your tasks will include posting month end accruals, managing the accounting checklist and cashbooks.
- You will look after various inter-company items including reconciliations and research & development.
- You will prepare balance sheet reconciliations and monitor progress of same for the department.
- You will also look after various external reporting requirements.
- You will ensure that the financial systems are properly maintained and fit for purpose and financial standards and policies are communicated and adhered to.
- The department works in a collegiate and supportive manner which will provide opportunities to learn other roles and provide support to your colleagues.
Qualifications as Senior Accountant:
- We are looking for a qualified Accountant with 2 years + post qualification experience, wishing to move into a complex, fast moving and constantly changing multinational manufacturing environment.
- You are a dynamic team player and can work effectively and proactively on cross-functional teams.
- You can effectively interact with various levels and functions within the organization, must be technically strong and willing to come up to speed quickly.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and IT skills are desirable.
- You are a good communicator and fluent in English, both in writing and speaking.
For further information on this Senior Accountant role in Athlone please contact Vanessa Lynch on 086 0462367 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.