Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Senior Accountant for their site.
What will I be doing
- Focus on the consolidation of Aortic & Peripheral Vascular (APV) Global Operations' financial results, supporting the Finance Director for the APV Value Stream.
- Directly involved in financial consolidation, planning, analysis and reporting activities relating to APV Operations "Other Product Costs" (OPC), Capital Expenditure (CapEx), Cost Down, Manufacturing Strategy projects as well as providing financial support and business partnering to APV manufacturing plants.
- Provide consolidation support to the CVG FP&A Director for CVG level consolidations on a monthly basis.
- Reporting to the Principal Accountant, your responsibilities will include:
- Consolidate, analyse and communicate period-end (both monthly and quarterly) APV Manufacturing "other product costs" (OPC) results:
- Consolidate monthly APV OPC statement and lead monthly OPC site review
- Perform month-end manufacturing variance deferral process
- Prepare the monthly presentation of OPC results and key drivers for management
- Prepare high level monthly OPC slide deck and coordinate collection of plant level slides used in monthly review
- Consolidate quarterly APV OPC statement for CVG/Corporate Finance review
- Prepare data for all Operations related Quarterly Business Review requests
- Assist with annual planning (AOP) and quarterly forecasting processes:
- Develop/maintain calendar to co-ordinate the AOP and quarterly forecast process working with the site finance teams
- Consolidate & understand quarterly forecast, including ownership of site templates, roll-ups, analysis and submissions
- Maintain OPC forecast in the system
- Request, consolidate & understand high level variance drivers for APV Manufacturing OPC
- Support consolidation of OPC for AOP, including more frequent forecasts, reconciling to targets and GFS submissions, and coordination with various APV plants
- Partner with the Principal Analyst on Global Operations Finance information requests including Cost Down, long range Capital plans, Scrap trending and manufacturing site cost pools
- Product Standard Costs (LBM) & Cost Pools Analysis
- Maintain a central repository of LBMs and cost pool data
- Provide supporting LBM costing analysis as requested by APV finance or Operations management including understanding cost drivers within a given plant or site
- Participate in plant LBM and rate setting reviews
- Work with sites to provide weighted average LBM's information to the BU
- Assist the CVG Ops FP&A Director with CVG level consolidation work on a monthly basis
- Perform ad hoc projects, analysis, reporting and tasks as requested; tasks are primarily in the areas of OPC financial planning and analysis and the development of relevant metrics
- Provide guidance to the manufacturing site finance teams as necessary on legal entity set up, project set up, cost center set up, accounting of business events and questions around the company finance policies
- Schedule & lead quarterly Balance Sheet reviews with the sites to highlight any risks as appropriate
What do I need
- Qualified accountant, preferably with 4 years+ post qualification experience.
- You are self-motivated, a dynamic team player with strong attention to detail, you demonstrate critical thinking and can work effectively and proactively on cross-functional teams & global teams.
- Experienced with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Powerpoint).
- Hyperion Financial Management, Essbase and SAP skills are desirable.
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval