Our client, a leading medical device company requires a Senior Analytical Chemist for a permanent role in Galway.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Laboratory lead to support the design and development of new combination devices and processes.
- Take leadership role for method validation, protocol writing and other technical reporting as required. Review and act as approver on required documentation.
- Lead process and method development activities and drive continuous improvement in day-to-day activity.
- Actively participate in the deployment.
- Be involved in process improvements incorporating Lean Sigma principles
- Take ownership for release of analytical results / metrics, trending and follow up, QPI Reports
- Assist department manager in planning of resources to drive and deliver on objectives.
- Liaise with other departments, sites, functions and vendors on a frequent basis.
- Represent the laboratory at various levels in the organization
- Lead maintenance and calibration programs for current and new equipment or instrumentation.
- QC Laboratory representative in FDA audits and responsibility for follow up on closure of corrective actions.
- Manage, motivate and develop personnel within the department to achieve departmental and organizational goals.
Education, Experience and Skills
- Level 8 Degree in a relevant scientific discipline.
- 7 years analytical experience working in Pharmaceutical or Medical Device industry.
- Experience in method development & validation is desirable
- Strong technical writing skills
- Ability to translate complexity into simplicity and articulates clearly, consistently demonstrates good judgment.
- Demonstrate passion and enthusiasm for role. Ability to make timely and sound decisions based on thorough consideration of relevant information and the pros and cons of alternatives
- Take accountability for and delivers consistent decisions, actions and results.
- Continuously seek and values different perspectives and ideas to foster an inclusive work environment.
For further information please contact Cliona O'Malley on 091730022 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our CCP Recruitment website - www.ccprecruit.ie
Please Note: CCP Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.