Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Senior Automation Engineer for their site.
As a key member of the Global Engineering team the primary responsibility of the role will be to evaluate and develop the appropriate control systems for new equipment platforms. You will work with other members of Global Engineering, OEM suppliers, machine vendors and integrators
- Developing machine design control systems including PLC, Servo, Robotics, Vision and RFID.
- Developing testing and installing PLC and control software.
- Participating within project teams, providing technical support and making informed decisions on hardware and architecture selection.
- Fault-finding complex automation equipment.
- Providing technical support for existing installations.
- Support global projects as required.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent.
- Documented PLC and HMI programming experience using the Allen Bradley logix platform.
- Experience in motion control ? servo and stepper applications.
- Experience in vision systems ? e.g. Cognex, Keyence.
- Experience in Ethernet / IP networks and other automation networks.
- Experience in Robotics (Epson preferably)
- Strong communication skills
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Decision making
- SQL Programming.
- Database design.
- NET, Python, Java Coding skills
- Smart conveyor systems (MagneMotion, iTrak)
- SCADA/MES system development.
- Cisco networking experience
For further information on this Senior Automation Engineer role in Galway please contact Deirdre Finnerty on 091730022 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website ? www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval