Reporting to a Business Unit Engineering Manager, this person will design process improvement and lead-in house automation projects.
Reports To: Business Unit Engineering Manager
Direct Reports: No
- Provide technical guidance from concept through design, development, system delivery, commissioning and validation
- Liaise with Engineering team in order to identify opportunities to improve automation systems
- Develop automation procedures to support and maintain process lines
- Implement and support automation systems for manufacturing and packaging
- Assist in setting up new machines and transferring equipment at different plants
- Provide automated solutions on budget & on time
- Keep abreast of latest developments in industrial automation technology and introduce them to plant wide operations to achieve cost savings and improve productivity
- Provide automated solutions on budget and on time
- Independent Judgment
- Oversight and control of assigned projects
- Determine best in class frameworks, systems and processes
- Analysis/Problem Solving
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents, including customer specifications, blue prints, and technical procedures
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, diagram, or schedule form. Communication
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from external customers, internal customers and management
- Ability to effectively present information to top management and customer/client groups
- Experience dealing with customers and suppliers in a previous employment
- Must be capable of coaching and mentoring others
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as the ability to accurately document work performed.
- Have good data analysis capabilities and be familiar with statistical software (ideally Minitab).
- Demonstrate knowledge of 6 sigma methodology and structured systematic route cause problem solving
- Knowledge of computer systems; integrated manufacturing systems; word processing and spread sheets, Allen Bradley PLC, HMI, VB. Knowledge
- Good knowledge of motor drivers
- Knowledge of medical device manufacturer and supplies knowledge preferred
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements of machine building
- Proficiency in hardware and software designs and troubleshooting
- World-class manufacturing knowledge preferred. Physical Requirements
- Degree/Diploma in Mechatronics /Electrical Engineering.
- Minimum 5 – 8 years relevant experience.
- PLC Programming experience/ability.
For further information on this Senior Automation Engineer role in Roscommon please contact Anna McGowan on 0864667369 / firstname.lastname@example.org .
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval