Our client a leading medical device manufacturing company located in Roscommon is recruiting for a Senior Automation Engineer. This person will design process improvement and lead-in house automation projects.
- Provide technical guidance from concept through design, development, system delivery, commissioning and validation.
- Liaise with Engineering team in order to identify opportunities to improve automation systems. Develop automation procedures to support and maintain process lines.
- Implement and support automation systems for manufacturing and packaging.
- Assist in setting up new machines and transferring equipment at different plants.
- Provide automated solutions on budget & on time.
- Keep abreast of latest developments in industrial automation technology and introduce them to plant wide operations to achieve cost savings and improve productivity
- Provide automated solutions on budget and on time.
- Oversight and control of assigned projects.
- Respond to common inquiries or complaints from external customers, internal customers and management.
- Determine best in class frameworks, systems and processes.
- Ability to read, analyse, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents, including customer specifications, blue prints, and technical procedures.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to effectively present information to top management and customer/client groups.
- Minimum 5 – 8 years’ relevant experience with a Degree/Diploma in Mechatronics /Electrical Engineering
- PLC Programming experience/ability
- Experience dealing with customers and suppliers in a previous employment. Must be capable of coaching and mentoring others. Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as the ability to accurately document work performed.
- Have good data analysis capabilities and be familiar with statistical software (ideally Minitab).
- Demonstrate knowledge of 6 sigma methodology and structured systematic route cause problem solving. Knowledge of computer systems; integrated manufacturing systems; word processing and spread sheets, Allen Bradley PLC, HMI, VB. Knowledge Good knowledge of motor drivers.
- Knowledge of medical device manufacturer and supplies knowledge preferred.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements of machine building.
- Proficiency in hardware and software designs and troubleshooting.
- World-class manufacturing knowledge preferred.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, colour vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
For further information on this role Senior Automation Engineer role in Roscommon please contact Deirdre Finnerty on 086 3073779/ email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.