Our client, an energy company in Cork are currently looking to recruit a Senior Back-End Developer for their site.
Senior Back-End Developer
- Reporting to the I-SEM Programme Technical Lead the Senior Back-end Developer will be part of a team responsible for implementing a data analytics and reporting platform for participating in the I-SEM market. This is a technical role focused on defining and implementing solutions in SQL Server 2016.
- This developer will be developing ETL processes implemented mainly in Microsoft SSIS and will need to work with a variety of complex systems with limited supervision using excellent problem solving skills.
- The I-SEM market trials begin in Dec 2017 and the developer will perform a key role in delivering solutions to ensure successful Go Live in the new I-SEM market.
- Ability to work closely with Business Analysts and SMEs to understand business requirements
- Create and validate the ETL design and ensure that technical specifications are complete, consistent, concise, and achievable.
- Develop ETL code as per the technical specifications and business requirements according to the established designs
- Exhibit competency in problem solving, data analysis, business rule validation, data integration, data quality, dependency analysis and estimation and delivery of complex SQL Server solutions
- Design and develop ETL solution using SSIS to copy data from multiple sources to a centralised Operational Data Store and Data Marts
- Create/maintain design related artifacts i.e. data models , Mapping documents, architecture diagrams, data flow diagrams
- Participate in system and integration test; identify and remedy solution defects.
- Monitoring performance and advising of any necessary infrastructure and/or design changes
- Analysis of source data to assist in preparing iterative design changes, database refactoring, and creating or modifying reference data
- Experienced in database design with the ability to progress from concept to implementation, creating and maintain documentation including entity relationship diagrams, data dictionaries, and ability to create implementation scripts.
- Provide SQL Server database, SSIS, and SSRS architecture leadership
- Effectively communicate SQL Server SSIS architecture and approaches
- Ability to work and deliver in a very high paced environment with limited information at times to support business needs
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Minimum 5 years' experience of similar roles elsewhere
- Strong SSIS development and implementation experience essential
- modular solutions
- full and delta table loads
- robust error-handling logging
- facilitating migration between environments
- debugging and troubleshooting SSIS processes in production environments
- packaging and deployment of SSIS solutions using scripts
- grounded in SSIS best practises
- incorporating data from a wide variety of data sources e.g. Oracle, SQL Server, external APIs
- Experience of SQL Server 2016 desirable
- Experience of Change Data Capture (Oracle & SQL Server source systems) or other replication technologies an advantage
- Experience of Energy Trading environment is an advantage.
- Proficient in data modelling, data warehousing concepts and constructs, including star schema data models
- Proficient performance tuning SQL, including use of explains plans, partitions, hints, etc.
- Strong documentation skills required
- Strong ability to work to project deadlines and project plans;
- Experience in data analytics (Python, R) & reporting desirable including near real time analytics and reporting.
THE COMPANY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER
For further information on this Senior Back-End Developer role in Cork please contact Ros Lomasney on 021 2066287 / Ros@hero.ie
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval