Telephone: 021 2066287
Senior Business Analyst
Our client, a pharmaceutical company in Cork are currently looking to recruit a Senior Business Analyst for their site.
Responsibilities Overall Job Purpose:
As a member of the company CI Team, the Senior Business Analyst plays a vital role in partnering with the functional/tower leads to identify business needs and opportunities, propose new possibilities and take accountability for the delivery of new business/IT solutions, whilst maintaining and governing existing solutions. This involves working in partnership with the global and regional IT organisations. This happens mainly through an effective oversight and application of the CI strategy within the company that reflects the unique needs of its business partners and operational functions and which is aligned across all areas of the company.
In the Senior Business Analyst role, this position will have responsibility for Governance and compliance related to any existing or new solutions implemented.
The overarching role is to serve as the link between the business (company operations) and the IT central organisation and will specifically be charged with:
- enabling business effectiveness and maximising value by identifying opportunities in or across business areas for leveraging technology, process or information
- ensuring fit for purpose solutions with a view of strategic and architectural information needs
- ensuring sustainability of the overall operating model and capability
- Establish yourself as a valued partner of the company, representing IT decision making and ownership of solution delivery.
- Govern and maintain existing solutions.
- Effectively influence the CI strategies by leading the development of all IT elements.
- Manage the IT component of the CI project portfolio (technology, applications and services) for the company. Measure and track value achieved relative to business cases, at the program level.
- Establish and execute robust governance including validation process by effectively utilizing regional processes and tools, and effective engagement with the IT and Quality organisations. Be accountable for business case development and aid in prioritisation.
- Influence and drive Organizational Change Management for new programs and solutions.
- Identify opportunities to grow the value of existing process and technology assets.
- Capture and pro-actively share best-practices and look for replication opportunities across the different functions in the company.
- Oversee execution and management of IT related activities across the full CI portfolio.
- Partner with fellow CI team members to ensure the program optimizes opportunities and also be aware of any capability enhancement initiatives being rolled out globally.
- Stay up to date on the latest trends and innovations in the IT channel areas in order to determine any opportunities for the company.
- 5+ years experience serving in a business facing/ IT Lead role.
- Prior or current experience within IT and/or Multinational environment.
- Experience leveraging standard processes and solutions to deliver maximum value.
- Experience translating complex, ambiguous concepts into actionable plans.
- Project Management experience and accountability for complex areas/projects or portfolios.
- University degree in Business and/or IT, etc.
Additional Skills/Preferences Essential Skills:
- Exceptional compliance, governance and continuous improvement mind-set.
- Strong experience working with Excel, VBA and Macros
- Experience of writing technical documents such as Test scripts, Change Control and Release docs.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a rapidly changing environment with experience in quickly translating business needs into actionable plans
- Demonstrated ability to deliver IT and business projects with credibility gained with business leaders on matters related to IT delivery and support.
- Demonstrated ability to influence without authority.
- Demonstrated ability to partner cross-functionally and across different organisations through effective collaboration with remotely-located groups.
- A high level of intellectual curiosity, external perspective, and innovation interest, especially within IT channels.
- Strong networking, interpersonal, and relationship building skills.
- Strong history of effective Team Work
- Identify key risk areas of concern and escalate accordingly
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively in written and verbal form (Fluent in English).
For further information on this Business Analyst role in Cork please contact Jenny Dore on 021 2066287 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website ? www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval