Senior Business Development Manager
Senior Business Development Manager
Our client a MNC is recruiting for a Senior BD Manager to join their team. This role can be based anywhere in Europe and there is a significant amount of travel involved each month. The successful candidate will lead the sales and business development activities in the territory of action to meet the revenue, market share, through innovative commercial plans aligned with the company strategy. You will be responsible to develop innovative and unique ways to outperform the competition. Develop a compelling vision to guide and inspire the marketing, regulatory and R&D efforts to act with transparency and in the best interests of the customers and the company. Acquire a deep expertise of the regulatory approval pathway and IP issues.
- Selectively targets and chooses to build relationships with industry leaders, e.g. generic partners, innovative OTC companies or agents in order to negotiate and close licensing and supply deals;
- Manages the customers in the territory of action with regular business reviews and develops a plan to increase sales and profitability in short and medium term;
- Develops new business by consistently investigating the market and working with business partners to identify new selling opportunities;
- Aligns strategies with the future pipeline as well as completes business case proposals for the development of new products that represent a unique opportunity to meet local customer needs;
- Is able to develop complex analysis for selection of products to bring to R&D of the company (including generics and innovative products) and if necessary liaises with internal departments to lead the feasibility phase until the project goes live;
- Communicates and maintains close contact with customers, obtaining feedback to identify developing problems, resolve conflicts and misunderstandings before they can deteriorate the business relationship;
- Prepares and clearly communicates a business plan to management and is fully
- Capable of influencing appropriately;
- Orientate and assist junior managers in the department (if applicable);
- Keeps Head Office well informed of all business development approvals.
Experience, Education and Skills:
- Sound knowledge, network and track record within the European pharmaceutical market, and additional knowledge or network about other markets would be a plus;
- 5 years in pharmaceutical industry with at least 3 years in business development and in an international and multidisciplinary environment;
- A track record of having successfully negotiated and closed a number of deals;
- Be familiar with the appropriate regulations in the industry;
- Good knowledge of business development, marketing and sales experience;
- Experience in portfolio management and R&D pipeline selection;
- Good understanding of the various activities of the pharmaceutical industry including portfolio, regulatory affairs, IP, procurement and supply chain.
- Strong drive, enthusiasm, self-motivation and has a zeal to close deals;
- Ability to prioritize and work multiple projects simultaneously;
- Demonstrates expertise in forecasting, budgeting and financial planning;
- Autonomous, proactive, self-assured and a high degree of personal integrity;
- Ability to analyze situations and opportunities quickly;
- Strong project management skills;
- Competency in additional languages would be a plus;
- Strong analytical, planning and strategic thinking skills;
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and presentation skills;
- Pharma related study (Pharmacy, Chemical, Medicine or others) and additional advanced degree in management or sales would be a plus;
- Excellent communications skills (verbal, written, listening, conveying messages in English) and ability to inspire others;
- Advanced English skills, more advanced or proficient skills of other languages is a plus
- Exceptional customer service skills, broad business acumen and skill set from which to understand and optimize a solution;
- Solid computer skills, using MS Office in particularly Excel.
This role can be office or home based.
There will be a requirement for international travel of approx. 2 to 3 weeks per month on average (including a trip to head office for 4 days each 2 months);
For further information on this Senior BD Manager role in Europe please contact Helga Reeves on 086 8168298 firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval
Senior Business Development Manager Our client a MNC is recruiting for a Senior BD Manager to join their team. This…
HR MANAGER Our client a leading pharmaceutical company is recruiting for a HR Manager for their site in County Galway….
Senior Firmware Developer Our client, a telecommunications company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Senior Firmware Developer for…