Telephone: 086 7738651
Our client, a medical device company in Clare is currently looking to recruit a Senior Buyer for their site.
- Purchases assigned commodities from approved and qualified suppliers in sufficient lead time to prevent material shortages and recommend cost savings when possible.
- Ensures that all activities are in compliance with company policies and practices.
- Resolves problems that arise in relation to delivery dates, quality, specifications, quantity or cost of purchased goods or services.
- Reviews requisitions and confers with departments regarding requirements, specifications, quantity and quality of merchandise, and delivery requirements. Recommends alternate suppliers where a savings in cost or improved delivery will result.
- Reviews discrepant invoices which are not in complete agreement with purchase orders and resolves the discrepancies.
- Establishes standard costs for assigned commodities.
- Issues purchase orders, negotiates contracts, and establishes blanket orders that may include consignment stock.
- Investigates supplier’s financial condition, technical competence, facilities, and production techniques to ensure adequate supply sources.
- Negotiates prices and follows competitive bidding procedures when necessary to ensure the lowest total cost for specific materials, interacting with other departments as necessary.
- May participate, along with Materials Manager, in internal meetings in the development of strategy and negotiations as a member of a Sourcing team.
- Fully conversant with commercial and personal codes of ethical behavior.
- May be required to do supplier scheduling – maintain purchase order acknowledgment control system lead time maintenance and interface with material planners/master schedulers, buyers, quality control, engineering, suppliers, etc.
- Consolidation of Demand from Company Distribution centers
- Ability to engage in basic contract negotiations and implement contacts in standard form; create basic project plans, prioritize, engage resources, implement across functions & sites
- Address problems quickly and effectively using factual data, possess situational flexibility, know the resources to approach for efficient resolution and drive for results.
- Learn the organization, the orthopedics business, and focus on personal growth to excel at purchasing in assigned area and expand into new areas in the future.
- Prior experience purchasing raw materials and packaging. Knowledge of raw material market a plus.
- Third level degree in Business, Finance, Engineering or related field and 3+ years’ experience in purchasing & negotiations or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of purchasing systems. Knowledge of accounting principles and budgeting practices. Proficiency with personal computers and software including Microsoft office suite products. Organizational, communication, and quick learning skills are required. Experience with J.D. Edwards, SAP or similar ERP software is a plus.
For further information on this Senior Buyer role in Clare please contact Fiona Keane on 086 7738651 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.