|Job Title:||Senior Buyer|
|Job Function:||Supply Chain|
- Aligns local activities with Corporate Sourcing strategy for all related commodities and procedures.
- Implements global commodity and supplier strategies to achieve challenging year-over-year cost reduction results through supplier collaboration and competition.
- Works closely with all functions, particularly with supply chain, Engineering, Operations and other key internal customers.
- Creates project plans, implementation strategies, and executes plans. Performs sophisticated analyses of market dynamics.
- Internal/External customer focus to address complex issues. Helps to devise and implement improvement strategies to processes, procedures and project flow in Sourcing.
- Investigates and analyzes supplier’s financial condition, technical competence, facilities and production techniques to ensure adequate supplier capacity and capability.
- Develops contingency plans for assigned commodities and/or strategic suppliers.
- Negotiate prices and follow competitive bidding procedures when necessary to ensure the lowest total cost for specific materials, interacting with other departments when necessary.
- Reviewing requisitions and conferring with departments regarding requirements, specifications, quantity and quality of merchandise, and delivery requirements. Recommending alternate suppliers where a savings in cost or improved delivery will result.
This is not an exhaustive list of duties or functions and may not necessarily comprise all of the "essential functions" for purposes of the ADA.
- Project management and team building skills. Acts as a change agent
- Advanced knowledge in control procedures, such as the Supplier Change Notification process, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Engineering Specifications, Inspection Criteria and Work Instructions
- Demonstrates ownership of and ability to lead projects with a broad scope and high level of complexity and able to prioritize and complete work in a timely manner and within budget.
- Demonstrates advanced problem solving skills through the use of quality and statistical tools.
- Demonstrates exceptional written and verbal communication exhibiting a high level technical expertise, tact and discretion, and keeps management appropriately informed
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, accounting or other business discipline (MBA preferred). Minimum 8 years of sourcing, planning, engineering or manufacturing process development experience of which 5 of these should be in a senior position. with a strong understanding of Purchasing tools and best practices.
- Experience in Medical Device field preferred.
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.