Job ID: JOB-12180
Our Client, a leading Medical Device Company based in Galway is looking for a Senior Buyer on a Permanent Contract Basis to join their team. The candidate would perform senior-level Supplier Management and Production Planning activities to support the Galway Core Production Units. Delivers best practices that support a large-scale SI&OP process and a complex purchasing portfolio and leads a team to deliver operational excellence
- Managing Material Supply to ensure Manufacturing commitments are achieved as well as Corporate and Plant objectives. Providing timely and appropriate Material availability information to internal customers.
- Motivate and develop a team to support end to end supply chain management and develop key skill sets within the team.
- Establish programs and processes to deliver year on year improvements in service, cost and inventory performance.
- Develop strategic working relationships across all elements of supply chain (Global Supply Chain, Global Sourcing, Supplier Engineering, Operations, Distribution, Suppliers etc).
- Complete high-level analysis of critical supply chain events, using data to influence senior leadership team.
- Drive Sales Inventory and Operations Planning for the site to support service and cost performance.
- Utilise existing MRP and demand planning systems to develop an effective data-based purchasing and planning platform.
- Communicate with clarity and establish a strong voice of the customer across the site.
- Foster a culture of Continuous Improvement to support site lean initiatives.
- Driving long term capacity & supply plans for all products.
- Provide leadership on New Product Launch Strategies and Introduction.
- Support annual site budget process determining volumes for Finished Goods and Raw to support Earnings, Headcount and Purchase costs
- Lead analysis of Excess, Expired and Obsolescence in accordance with Financial process.
- Act as Purchasing SME (both Quality and Financial) to support internal and external audit and compliance requirements.
- NFQ level 8 degree in Business / Supply Chain or related field is required.
- Minimum 6-8 years’ experience in a relevant area.
- Subject Matter Expert Knowledge in SAP and MRP Systems.
- Subject Matter Expert Knowledge in Rapid Response (Kinaxis) is highly desriable.
- Experience of leading Sales, Inventory and Operations Planning.
- Strong Communication Skills with ability to influence broadly.
- Knowledge of End to End Supply Chain.
- NPI / Integration Experience.
- Collaborative approach to problem solving.
For more information on this role in Galway please contact Kenneth O’Reilly on 0860462367 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA on the basis of standards contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your personal data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review you data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of those personnel.
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-11422 Cost Accountant Our client is recruiting for a permanent contract role in Drogheda. This role…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12208 Senior Training & Development Specialist We are looking to speak with experienced Senior Training &…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12141 HR Business Partner Finding the right company that aligns to your career aspirations and values…