Performs senior-level Supplier Management and Production Planning activities to support the Galway Core Production Units. Delivers best practices that support a large-scale SI&OP process and a complex purchasing portfolio and leads a team to deliver operational excellence.
- Managing Material Supply to ensure Manufacturing commitments are achieved as well as Corporate and Plant objectives. Providing timely and appropriate Material availability information to internal customers.
- Motivate and develop a team to support end to end supply chain management and develop key skill sets within the team.
- Establish programs and processes to deliver year on year improvements in service, cost and inventory performance.
- Develop strategic working relationships across all elements of supply chain (Global Supply Chain, Global Sourcing, Supplier Engineering, Operations, Distribution, Suppliers etc).
- Complete high-level analysis of critical supply chain events, using data to influence senior leadership team.
- Drive Sales Inventory and Operations Planning for the site to support service and cost performance.
- Utilise existing MRP and demand planning systems to develop an effective data-based purchasing and planning platform.
- Communicate with clarity and establish a strong voice of the customer across the site.
- Foster a culture of Continuous Improvement to support site lean initiatives.
- Driving long term capacity & supply plans for all products.
- Provide leadership on New Product Launch Strategies and Introduction.
- Support annual site budget process determining volumes for Finished Goods and Raw to support Earnings, Headcount and Purchase costs
- Lead analysis of Excess, Expired and Obsolescence in accordance with Financial process.
- Act as Purchasing SME (both Quality and Financial) to support internal and external audit and compliance requirements.
Qualifications & Experienced
- NFQ level 8 degree in Business / Supply Chain or related field is required.
- Minimum 6-8 years’ experience in a relevant area.
- Subject Matter Expert Knowledge in SAP and MRP Systems.
- Subject Matter Expert Knowledge in Rapid Response (Kinaxis).
- Experience of leading Sales, Inventory and Operations Planning.
- Strong Communication Skills with ability to influence broadly.
- Knowledge of End to End Supply Chain.
- NPI / Integration Experience.
- Collaborative approach to problem solving.
For further information on this Buyer/Planner role in Galway please contact Fiona Keane on 0867738651/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.