Job ID: JOB-11784
Our client, a leading medical device manufacturer in Galway, are recruiting for a Senior Buyer/Planner to join their team. In this role, you will partner with R&D product development teams to provide direct procurement, materials management and demand planning support. You will also be responsible for supporting all types of supplier raw material orders and material data analytics, and performance metrics for both indirect and direct supply base. The Senior Buyer/Planner will manage supplier orders and demand planning tasks with NPD & Technology teams. They will align with Project Management and Operations Supply teams to ensure an uninterrupted raw materials supply pipeline.
- Source, purchase, plan, and schedule movement of raw materials, packaging materials, parts, components, services, supplies, finished goods, and related material through production and inventory process.
- Identify raw material, component, and related requirements from engineering and production specifications and schedules.
- Analyse spend data and determines factors that affect prices and determines lowest cost consistent with quality, reliability, and ability to meet required schedules.
- Coordinate and follow up with planning, production, warehouse, supplier QA and engineering personnel to ensure appropriate procurement, scheduling, and movement of materials and services.
- Communicate primarily and frequently with external – suppliers, internal – planning, R&D, Engineering, supplier QA.
- Function as the expert in coverage area, understand relationships between demand, supply and inventory management, and help the Plants and/or suppliers to improve KPI.
- Provide cross-commodity sourcing and demand planning management support for New Product Development teams, Technology group, and Research group.
- Collaborates with stakeholders in order to track and manage supplied component Quality, Supply Risk, Material Cost, Response / Lead Time, & Technology advancement for the full Device Bill of Material, (for both the new and legacy components).
- Integrate production capabilities and delivery calendars into supply/inventory plans using multiple methodologies utilising lean problem solving within group/team and cross-functional environment.
- Set up and maintain master data across multiple planning and execution systems understanding connectivity between the systems.
- Minimum of a Level 8 degree.
- APICS and/or Lean Sigma experience or certification is a plus.
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a technical sourcing, project management, or new product development role, or advanced degree with a minimum of 2 years relevant experience.
- Purchasing and/or Planning knowledge/experience with specific technologies/commodities such as injection moulding, extrusion, machining, wire drawing, lab testing services, and other component or sub-assembly manufacturing methods/processes.
- Familiar with purchasing module in ERP (preferably SAP).
- Supply chain management/sourcing/supply and/or demand planning experience- a plus.
- NPD/NPI work experience- a plus
- Experience in medical device or regulated industry and knowledge of applicable FDA/GMP and International medical device regulations and standards preferred.
For more information on this role in Galway please contact Aisling Merrick on 086 8395533 or email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval
Job ID: JOB-11850 Supplier Engineer Our client, a leading medical device company in Galway is seeking to recruit a Supplier…
Job ID: JOB-11849 R&D Biomaterials Senior Engineer Our client a leading medical device company in Galway are seeking applicants for…
Job ID: JOB-11845 Control Systems Engineer Position Summary: Our client, based in Galway are recruiting for an experienced Control Systems…