Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Senior Chemical Engineer for their site.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Researches and develops new and improved chemical manufacturing processes.
- Experience with API & Solvents is essential
- Experience with chemical processing, handling & manufacturing.
- Direct ownership of manufacturing processes & design.
- Process optimisation in order to sustain & improve product quality, yields & throughput.
- Identify continuous improvement activities & lead or participate in cross-functional teams through implementation, qualification & validation.
- Support activities in the areas of cost reduction, process efficiency & operational excellence.
- Monitor and improve chemical processes with respect to cycle times, machine utilization and yields.
- Structure experiments for coating/impregnation processes, material performance improvements and develop new chemical processes for new products.
- Lead and support root cause driven approaches to problem solving efforts for chemical issues.
- Analyse and report on chemical, quality and technical issues within Manufacturing Departments.
- Provide expertise to support product development cycles, technology transfers and Operations scale ups.
- Perform laboratory studies of steps in manufacture of new product and test proposed process in small scale operation.
- Prepare / critically review protocols / reports and co-ordinate qualification and validation activities in conjunction with Engineering / Quality team, providing expert chemical direction as appropriate
- Maintain expert up to date knowledge of developments in regulatory compliance requirements for product design, development, transfer and commercialization activities.
- Analyses issues from different points of view, able to draw accurate conclusions from analyses to support decision making and makes timely decisions
- Degree/ Masters in Chemical Engineering/ Process Engineering or related discipline with relevant experience in the Pharma/chemical synthesis industry
- A minimum of 5 years relevant manufacturing experience in Pharma industry (ideally API related)
- Knowledge of Analytical test methods and Regulatory requirements (i.e. FDA/BSI Audits)
- Steam Sterilization experience would be beneficial
- Knowledge of drug solubility and drug saturation would be beneficial
- Sound knowledge of lean principles and DRM
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Working knowledge of Risk Management Tools such as Process FMEA is desirable
For further information on this Senior Chemical Engineer role in Galway please contact Anna McGowan on 091730022/0864667369 or email email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our CCP Recruitment website ? www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval