Our client a medical device company in Galway is looking to hire a Senior Chemical Engineer for their site.
The main focus of this role is to become the chemical engineering primary for all chemical cleaning, passivation and electropolishing activities in the production areas. With immediate effect, the primary project will be working within a team to specify and design a bespoke automated cleaning & passivation cell for new products. Reporting to the Engineering Manager within the New Products Introduction group, the Senior Chemical Engineer is responsible for identifying new cleaning processes, while characterizing and improving existing chemical cleaning processes also providing a professional level of technical support, innovation, direction and leadership.
Working hours will be split between office base and hands-on role. There may be a requirement as part of the role to travel. The successful candidate may be needed to support operational demands in exceptional situations.
- To specify pickle cleaning, passivation and electropolishing chemical treatments and in particular develop the cleaning processes for stainless steel medical device components.
- Work in compliance to my client’s systems and processes.
- Accountable presence supporting the strategic technology map.
- Lead the procurement of a new bespoke cleaning & passivation cell for exciting new projects.
- Develop the cleaning and passivation processes to world-class yield levels.
- Assess the suitability of the existing cleaning & passivation cell and the new cleaning & passivation cell for use with new projects and products.
- Take control of existing processes and using Lean tools, reduce waste and improve on the existing OEE.
- Establish a position as onsite Subject Matter Expert (SME) and ensure process improvements are designed to enhance existing manufacturing capability within the company.
- Lead initiative to reduce traditional methods and move towards green technology.
- Provide best in class problem-solving tools.
- Work cross-functionally to deliver on the site strategic targets and objectives.
- Support in the creation of the manufacturing strategy for new products.
- Designing and optimising the manufacturing and testing processes.
- Selection of components and materials with the design team.
- Ensuring product and manufacturing cost targets are achieved.
- Participate in the Design and Process FMEA's.
- Oversee the pre-launch and scale up to batch production.
- Assess the safety of all chemical raw materials, equipment and processes on-site.
- Work with Operations to advise on chemical formulation and filling.
- Level 8 Engineering, Chemistry, Sciences or equivalent qualification.
- Proven track record in a similar role with a minimum of 3-5 years’ experience at this level within the Medical Device or related industry.
- Excellent “hands-on” technical / chemical abilities.
- Self-motivated individual with a keen initiative towards tackling problems and challenges.
- Proven ability to influence people from other functions.
- Good organization, supervisory and investigation skills are required
- Good coaching/mentoring skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to lead in a previous role.
- Experience in people management and development.
- Six-Sigma Green Belt.
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.