Senior Component Engineer
Job ID: JOB-11474
Senior Component Engineering Manager A leading medical device company is recruiting for a Senior Component Engineer for their site in Galway. This role will instrumental in shaping the supplier selection & development strategy to support their infectious diseases emerging markets new product development pipeline. They will drive improvement and corrective action in the quality of components sourced from outside suppliers, provide technical support in the selection of suppliers, acceptance criteria for materials and component qualification at the supplier, provide technical support to drive supplier corrective action, manufacturing yield issues and field failures. In addition, focusing on risk mitigation, failure mode effective analysis for components and setting up our New Production Introduction teams for success with technical knowledge of key commodity areas. The specific role initially will be focused on a number of exiting new product development opportunities across our Manufacturing Plants, and partnering with our automation, process development and global engineering teams to support technical component development, and with our global procurement team on cost improvement and risk reduction projects. Defining a clear path for material specification improvements, process capability initiatives and supporting risk mitigation with our key suppliers, the Senior Component Engineer will be required to liaise with cross functional teams to ensure the successful completion of all projects, and have clear communication lines with our key suppliers.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Support New Product Introduction (NPI) efforts, work with design engineers and suppliers to optimize design drawings and supplier manufacturing processes so that high quality parts are consistently delivered.
- Drive early supplier involvement and identify cost drivers to influence design decision making and achieve target cost saving for NPI programs.
- Provide engineering oversight, support and consultancy to suppliers on process validations, design for manufacture (DFM), material selection, and process development.
- Identify and prioritize parts (components and assemblies) requiring supplier development activities.
- Review, understand and incorporate technical design risk assessments into the part evaluation process.
- Lead the technical aspects of Problem Solving, Failure Analysis, and Corrective and Preventative Actions with suppliers. Promote a culture of structured problem solving with suppliers.
- Monitor and control the progress of supplier engineering projects to ensure sound application of engineering principles are used and design intent is being followed.
- Assist Supplier Quality Engineering and suppliers to develop Component Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (CFMEA).
- Assist suppliers in developing final test requirements to ensure products meet specifications, engaging in test method development as necessary
- Work with Incoming Quality Control department to evaluate parts and resolve issues
- Provide technical support to product cost reduction and continuous improvement initiatives. Escalate potential supplier manufacturing and compliance issues.
- Provide technical support in failure analysis, re-design and drawing updates for discrepant production components, assemblies and field returns.
- Travel to manufacturing supplier sites as necessary.
EDUCATION & COMPETENCIES:
- Primary Degree level qualification in electronic/electrical, mechanical engineering or a science discipline, plus 6 years of related work experience with a good understanding of specified functional area, or Master’s degree in engineering with 3 years of related work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Experience with manufacturing processes, including chipset, antenna, molding, PCB assembly & automation.
- Experience with GDT (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing), quality measurement techniques and use of SolidWorks.
- Understanding of NFC/Bluetooth, and antenna design.
- Lean, six sigma training and statistical ability a distinct advantage.
- Demonstrated capability in process development and transformation.
- Clear demonstrated capability in organisational change management.
- Excellent communication skills to support virtual program management requirements.
- Clear demonstrated experience in working in a diverse cultural environment.
- Excellent presentation skills to facilitate communication throughout the organisation.
- Travel pending company policy, global and country regulations is 25% APAC and 15 % Global. In addition, excellent use of virtual communication technology is required for effective workshop leadership and change management.
For further information on this Senior Component Engineer, please contact Caroline Kingston on 0868395531/ email@example.com Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Job ID: JOB-11533 Senior Control Systems Engineer Our client, a leading pharmaceutical company are currently sourcing a Senior Control Systems…
Job ID: JOB-11520 Packaging Engineer My world leading medical technology client are recruiting for a Packaging Design Engineer for a…
Job ID: JOB-11519 My client a leading pharmaceutical manufacturer of both medical and pharma products is recruiting for a QP…