Senior Component Engineer
Job ID: JOB-11430
Senior Component Engineer Our client a leading MNC is recruiting for a Senior Component Engineer. This role is located in Galway and commutable from Mayo, Clare and Limerick. This is a unique opportunity for the right candidate to take their place amongst the component engineering team and drive component qualification through effective partnership with external suppliers and internal design and development teams.
- Partner with Technical Sourcing to locate, evaluate, and approve new potential component/material suppliers that balance business, quality, and technical requirements.
- Drive supplier requirements by collaborating with Development Engineering and other cross-functional partners to clarify design intent, identify critical features, and assess feature risk. Partner with suppliers to ensure components are designed for reliability, manufacturability, and cost.
- Perform process and component/material development work with suppliers to deliver highly capable components/materials. Applies principles of chemistry, physics and material behaviors in the development of supplier processes.
- Define component qualification strategy, partner with suppliers to develop qualification plan, report performance, and demonstrate release readiness. Support project deliverables, supply risk reduction, yield improvement and cost reduction activities during development
- Work to develop proper inspection tooling and test methods for new components to ensure supplier parts meet specification requirements. Perform statistical data analysis to determine tool and part/process performance. Evaluate Supplier capabilities for mechanical measurement via Gage R&R studies. Ensure appropriate acceptance activities are in place prior to commercialization.
- Lead issue resolution of complex problems as they relate to supplied components and materials. Ensure corrective and preventive measures meet acceptable standards of robustness and effectiveness.
- Plan, execute, and communicate own work and educating others on work products. Provide regular, timely communication to manager and project team regarding status of assigned activities. KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Third Level – Level 8 Degree in Science, Engineering or related discipline and 5 years’ experience in component/materials development, reliability, manufacturing or processing/component fabrication
- Applied knowledge of DOE, SPC, FMEA, Gage R&R, Basic Statistics
- Demonstrated technical writing skills
- Proficient in MS Office – MS Project focus
- Experienced with inspection equipment and material testing processes
- Capable of coordinating cross functionally with groups such as Design Engineering, Sourcing, Commodity management, and Quality to resolve issues and provide status of assigned activities
- Masters in Materials Science or Engineering
- Six Sigma green belt or black belt certified
- Design for Reliability and Manufacturability knowledge
- Excellent communication skills; both written and oral, internal and external to the company.
- Expert level statistics and DOE knowledge
- Demonstrated success in process improvement and control
- Understanding of material properties and how they can be impacted by Supplier processes.
- Advanced knowledge of measurement systems and Supplier processes (EDM, CNC, Laser, Chemical, Plasma, Stamping, Milling, Polymer Processing, Molding, Extrusion, etc.); advantages/disadvantage of various manufacturing methods for different commodity types, manufacturability, assembly, and process control.
- Experience with ANSI Y14.5M requirements (GDT)
- Product and Clinical Understanding; knowledge of vascular anatomy, physiology, primary disease states and Cardiovascular products
For further information on this Senior R&D Manager please contact Caroline Kingston on 086 8395531/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Job ID: JOB-11742 Warehouse Team Lead Our client in County Mayo are currently recruiting for a Warehouse Team Lead. In…
Job ID: JOB-11667 Recruitment Consultant – Cork Office HERO Recruitment is hiring a Recruitment Consultant for our Cork office. Our…
Job ID: JOB-11735 Senior Operations Manager Our client a medical device MNC is recruiting for a leadership role in Galway….