Contact: Niamh Hlubek
Telephone: 086 8168298
Senior Construction Quality Lead - Contract
Our client, a pharmaceutical company in Cork are currently looking to recruit a Senior Construction Quality Lead for their site on a contract basis.
The Construction Quality Lead and is responsible for managing and performing the daily quality responsibilities in concert with the CMT Quality Lead to ensure the project is constructed in accordance with the established standards. The role includes direct oversight and review of the entire documentation and physical inspection phase of the work flow process and working with other in-house personnel (e.g.: Project Managers, Superintendents, etc.) and external personnel to produce and document a quality product. The position reports directly to the Construction Lead for the sake of assuring that a conflict of interest does not occur among the productivity, schedule, and the quality objectives of the project
- Vendor Turn Over Package (VTOP) expediting
- Trade Turn Over Package (TTOP) expediting
- Review of content for both forms of turnover pack identified above. Responsible for both electronic and paper based turnover material. Ensure CM assembles and forwards project closeout documents that include trade turn-over packages, O&M manuals, record drawings and warranties. Ensure CM maintains the project "as-built" drawings daily.
- Adherence to project schedule targets, particularly those associated with the handover of documentation at both Mechanical Completion (Green Tag) and Commissioning and Qualification (Blue Tag) phases.
- Develop a Project Quality Plan which includes the project quality activities and work assignments
- Manage the maintenance of the project submittal log and all other project specific quality control reports.
- Ensure shop drawings and submittals are produced in conformance with project specifications by direct review and by leveraging the knowledge and experience of others in the project team when necessary.
- Chair weekly QC meetings with the superintendents and review written minutes.
- Manage and establish daily QC reporting that reinforces activities that are being constructed in conformance with each specific project's established standard. Constructively confront non-conformances to produce the desired outcome in a timely manner.
- Conduct preparatory, initial and follow-up meetings to establish an understanding of the standards of care desired for each definable feature of work
- Ensure CM’s quality team documents that all materials received for the project are in conformance with the approved submittal, are handled and stored appropriately and are acceptable for use in the project.
- Conduct preconstruction meetings with new and existing subcontractors and the superintendent at least two days prior to the start of each new phase of the work to discuss issues that affect quality
- Facilitate resolution of quality issues, escalating as needed. Stop work, if necessary, to resolve matters that affect safety, quality and/or inhibit the logical progress of work.
- Participate with quality group in auditing vendors.
- Develop scope of services for all third party inspectors. Identify, audit and manage all independent inspectors.
- Work with stakeholders, A/E and CM firms to identify those elements of construction that will require mock ups. Responsible for organizing reviews of mock ups for suitability with SME’s from A/E, and CM firms. Continually monitor large scale installations for adherence to the standards set in the mock ups.
Close interaction with the following site key functions:
- Designers – PMG
- Construction Managers – Sisk
- Mechanical Contractors – HAON and Radley
- HVAC Contractors – Kirby Group
- Electrical Contractors – STS
- Sprinklers – Irish Sprinkler
- Cleanroom Envelope – Ardmac
- Others yet to be appointed
- Close interaction with all vendors.
Responsibilities extend from Production Building through all scope, including Warehouse and Lab/Admin expansions, Waste Water Treatment Plant and all Infrastructural works.
Co-ordination of walkdowns based upon the construction schedule. Liaison with System Owners to ensure full attendance at W3 walkdowns. Advise System Owners on status of turnover packs.
- Higher Level Qualification in an Engineering Discipline
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience of Project Construction sites
- Safe Pass accredited
- Demonstrable experience of GMP systems
- Experience of Large Scale Project documentation handover.
- Demonstrates understanding of project schedules in both Microsoft Project and Primavera formats.
- Proficiency in “Sharepoint” format document management systems.
- Ability to speak clearly and exercise good judgment.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to work in, Cork and travel to vendors facilities.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
For further information on this Senior Construction Quality Lead role in Cork please contact Niamh Hlubek 086 8168298 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval