Our Client a Leading Multinational in Cork are currently looking to recruit Senior Cost Accountant for their Manufacturing Operation.
Reporting to the Finance Manager, this position will be responsible for key areas of the Annual Standards Setting process and will play a lead role in the Planning & Analysis activities of the Finance Department ensuring our Business Partners have timely & relevant information to effectively plan and control the business operations.
- Site lead on Annual Standard Costing process for the Cork Site.
- Co-ordination of the Annual Standard Setting Process ensuring Standards rolled accurately and on time
- Working closely with the Global sourcing to ensure accurate Material Pricing and analysis of same by Product, BU and Division.
- Manage the co-ordination of the review of Standard Times across each Line Team and BU at detailed product level with the Financial Analyst and BPI group.
- Calculate the labour and overhead absorption rates by Product, BU and Division
- Provide support to the Finance Analyst in the calculation of the Scrap / Yield budget by Product, BU and Division
- Build Quality into all aspects of their work by maintaining compliance to all quality requirements.
- New product introduction: Work as part of cross functional teams to establish full product costing for new products introduced to the Cork Facility
- Mentor and train Finance team members on all aspects of Standard Cost setting
- Provide information on key metrics for the site to support decision making and strategic planning.
- Participation in and coordination of the Management Accounting month end close process
- Variance analysis and review of the impact of cost movements by Product, BU and Division;
- Ensure month end results & reports issued are accurate and reconcile to core systems (SAP etc.)
- Inventory Valuation and control
- Responsible for ensuring Inventory is valued correctly and in line with Corporate policies.
- Ensure adequate physical control of Inventory through cycle count policies and procedures.
- Co-ordination of quarterly EE&O process with Logistics resulting in calculation, analysis and presentation of results to site leadership
- Maintain internal controls in line with Corporate policies, internal procedures, SOX and GAAP
- Work collaboratively with BU to develop a real and active partnership between Finance and the Business
- Be a trusted advisor, influence and add value to decision making while driving accountability within the business
- Partner with BU & Core Teams at Cork, understand the business needs, support their requirements in terms of Management Information and develop their understanding & ownership of Core Metrics;
- Be comfortable assessing risk and working with ambiguity
- Coordination of Scorecards and Flash Reports both weekly & monthly;
- Provide Finance for Non Finance training and Financial support to Business Units – be a translator between Finance and the business
- Identify and deliver ongoing improvements to finance processes.
- Involvement in projects both local and corporate as required.
- Qualified Accountant with 3-5 years of strong relevant experience in Financial Planning & Costing within a fast paced manufacturing environment.
- Well organised, self-motivated person with the ability to operate on own initiative
- Attention to detail & ability to manage complex and high volume work load
- Manages Execution, strong leadership & influencing skills
- Highly adaptable solution orientated individual
- Demonstrated success working in a highly collaborative environment
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval