Senior Cost Accountant- Cork
Our client, a medical device company in Cork are currently looking to recruit a Senior Cost Accountant for their site.
Why this role
- Competitve salary & benefits
- Fast career progression
- Leading medical device company
- Top employer ion Cork
What will I be doing
- Site lead on Annual Standard Costing process for the Cork Site.
- Co-ordination of the Annual Standard Setting Process ensuring Standards rolled accurately and on time
- Ensure accurate Material Pricing and analysis of same by Product, BU and Division.
- Manage the co-ordination of the review of Standard Times across each Line Team and BU
- Calculate the labour and overhead absorption rates by Product, BU and Division
- Support the Finance Analyst in the calculation of the Scrap / Yield budget by Product, BU & Division
- Build Quality into all aspects of their work by maintaining compliance to all quality requirements.
- Work as part of cross functional teams to establish full product costing for new products introduced to the Cork Facility
- Mentor and train Finance team members on all aspects of Standard Cost setting
- Provide information on key metrics for the site to support decision making and strategic planning.
- Participation in and coordination of the Management Accounting month end close process
- Variance analysis and review of the impact of cost movements by Product, BU and Division;
- Ensure month end results & reports issued are accurate and reconcile to core systems
- Inventory Valuation and control
- Responsible for ensuring Inventory is valued correctly and in line with corporate policies.
- Ensure adequate physical control of Inventory through cycle count policies and procedures.
- Co-ordination of quarterly EE&O process with Logistics resulting in calculation, analysis and presentation of results to site leadership
- Maintain internal controls in line with corporate policies, internal procedures, SOX and GAAP
- Work with BU to develop a real and active partnership between Finance and the Business
- Be a trusted advisor, influence and add value to decision making
- Partner with BU & Core Teams at Cork, understand the business needs, support their requirements in terms of Management Information and develop their understanding & ownership of Core Metrics;
- Be comfortable assessing risk and working with ambiguity
- Coordination of Scorecards and Flash Reports both weekly & monthly;
- Provide Finance for Non Finance training and financial support to Business Units - be a translator between Finance and the business
- Identify and deliver ongoing improvements to finance processes.
- Involvement in projects both local and corporate as required.
What do I need
- Qualified Accountant with 3-5 years of strong relevant experience in Financial Planning & Costing within a fast paced manufacturing environment.
- Well organised, self-motivated person with the ability to operate on own initiative
- Attention to detail & ability to cope with complex and high volume work load
- Manages Execution, strong leadership & influencing skills and Technical Expertise.
- Highly adaptable solution orientated, strong lean/CI track record
- Demonstrated success working in a highly collaborative environment, effective Team player
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval