Senior Design Assurance Engineering Manager
Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Senior Design Assurance Engineering Manager for their site.
- You will champion the application of Design, Reliability, Manufacturing (DRM) practices, methods, and tools.
- You will ensure all product evaluations from prototype testing to design verification are managed to the highest quality standards in compliance with corporate, regulatory and GMP requirements.
- You will develop strong cross functional teamwork with all functions involved in product development and maintain strong links with similar functions across CRDN and the wider business to develop and harmonise systems and practices.
- You will apply clinical knowledge of product use to ensure appropriate quality and design decisions are made and to support the development of bench simulations/tests to evaluate new product design.
- You will contribute to establishing department goals; budgets, measurement and metrics systems in line with business objectives to ensure quality standards are achieved and thus ensure that new product development projects are effectively managed.
- You will be responsible for continuous improvement activities as determined in goals and objectives, and for forecasting and managing department headcount allocation.
- You will participate in building a strong design assurance engineering team by hiring qualified candidates, coaching & mentoring your team members and supporting them in their ongoing professional development.
- You will support your engineering team by providing ongoing supervision, and establishing and actively managing performance expectations.
- You will maintain up-to-date knowledge of quality system regulations and industry practices applicable to areas of responsibility.
- We are looking for a qualified person to Level 8 Degree in Engineering / Science or related technical discipline and desirably with 10+ years relevant experience.
- You are a dynamic team player and leader and can work effectively and proactively on cross-functional teams.
- You are experienced in supporting the practical applications of quality principles in at least one of the Quality Strategy Pillars; Design, Manufacturing, Supplier or Vigilance & Compliance.
- Experienced manager with proven leadership skills and experience in oversight of process improvement tools (e.g. DRM, six sigma).
- Strong decision making, judgment and influencing skills are desirable.
- You are a good communicator and fluent in English, both in writing and speaking.
- Leadership Expectations provide the framework for what we expect from all employees at the company - outlining the actions and behaviours we must develop and demonstrate in pursuit of our Mission and global growth goals.
We are committed to being experts in what we do, with a clear vision of where we are going and the plan to get there.
- Demonstrates Global Business Acumen
- Thinks Critically and Makes Sound Decisions
- Sets Strategic Direction
We partner with and involve others, knowing that diverse talent, skills, and perspectives lead to better outcomes.
- Collaborates and Creates Alignment
- Attracts, Deploys, and Develops Talent
- Fosters Diversity and Inclusion
We are bold thinkers who create new ideas and bring our best solutions forward to benefit our patients, partners, and customers.
- Focuses on Patient and Customer
- Generates Breakthrough Ideas
- Initiates and Leads Change
We do what we say we are going to do, delivering results with the highest standards.
- Sets High Standards
- Instils Operational Excellence
- Drives Accountability
- Models Ethical Behaviour
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval