Senior Design Assurance Manager
Job ID: JOB-12375
Senior Design Assurance Manager
Location: Galway with some international travel
Finding the right company that aligns to your career aspirations and values is so important. It’s worth taking the time to get this right.
This Senior Design Assurance job opportunity located in Galway is one of those stand out positions that don’t come along every day.
Let us tell you more….
We are looking for a Senior Design Quality Assurance Manager to join our Galway based Medical Device Client for their rapidly growing Structural Heart Franchise. In this role, you will provide design assurance leadership and strategic direction by partnering with our global Structural Heart Valve R&D, Regulatory, Quality and Marketing teams.
This will be an exciting journey! We seek a dynamic individual looking for a unique opportunity to lead design assurance strategy and execution though the full life cycle of development. If this strategic and critical role excites you, we would love to talk about joining their team. This role offers opportunities for travel.
- Areas of responsibility may include: Design Assurance for New Product Introduction; Sustaining Engineering for commercialized products; Post Market Surveillance activities
- Is viewed as a leader or expert in the areas of QSR and ISO/MDD standards within ones own group, constantly promoting awareness of best industry practices and making appropriate decisions on a daily basis using the Design Assurance Director as the final arbitrator on critical quality decisions.
- Ensures effective implementation of Risk Management deliverables to ensure compliance to ISO 14971 and demonstrates a primary commitment to patient safety. Leads project teams and franchises in the execution of Quality Deliverables including but not limited to Post-Market Surveillance Plan & Report, Field Assessment Plan and Clinical Evaluation Reports
- Has the responsibility and independent authority to make decisions related to product quality, including the disposition of non-conforming product.
- Develops and manages a high performance design quality assurance team with focus on customer needs, compliance, product quality, and risk mitigation.
- Drives continuous improvement by championing and fostering the execution of projects within the local and/or Global Design Assurance and Post Market organizations to continue to improve process and product performance.
- May be a member of and present to appropriate Corporate Quality teams.
- Develops, directs and ensures appropriate execution of design planning, design verification, design validation and useability requirements for newly designed or modified products and processes.
- Takes a leadership role in developing and implementing new techniques and initiatives to enhance the Quality management system on site and across the Corporation where possible.
- Is key to developing staff on new quality initiatives and assists understanding and rollout of quality initiatives across the department/site.
- Is an influential team member, fully motivated to achieve and demonstrate best practices in line with the department and LRP objectives.
- Is familiar with the internal auditing process.
- To establish and support a work environment of continuous improvement that supports the Quality Policy, Quality System and the appropriate regulations for the area.
- Ensure employees are trained to do their work and their training is documented.
- Bachelor’s Technical Degree such as Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science and/or Biomedical Engineering.
- 8-10 years of related work experience.
- Proven technical leadership and project management skills in medical device design, development and commercial launch.
- Proven key leadership traits of ability to be independent critical thinker, strong communication skills and ability to build effective cross-functional relationships
- Ability to interface with customers to gather insight and get organizational buy-in on key design inputs.
- Knowledge/Experience of Design Controls and FDA/ISO Medical Device Regulations.
- Understanding of risk management and design controls tools and requirements for medical device product development.
For further information on this role in please contact Elaine Ferguson on 087 4108620 or email email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA on the basis of standards contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your personal data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review you data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of those personnel.
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12597 Accounts Assistant Our client, a leading manufacturing company in Galway City, is …
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12596 Product Design Engineer Job Summary Reporting to the engineering manager, the project design engineer- MIS will support…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12037 Quality Systems Engineer Our Client, a global leader in medical device manufacturing…