Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned.
- Provide technical expertise and leadership in the area of process and equipment development i.e. equipment / process control and monitoring.
- Provide design support and programming for PLC’s, motion control, vision applications, robotic systems and PC controlled equipment.
- Provide technical expertise to manufacturing process and technology development activities.
- Monitor and evaluate safety practices and ensure compliance with legislation where relevant. (CE compliance of equipment)
- Establish the most effective, reliable and cost effective processing methods for manufacturing operations.
- Build and develop contacts with external technical representatives, vendors agents etc, in order to keep abreast of technological developments, new product introductions etc. in the controls / electrical field.
- Ensure completion of appropriate and relevant documentation within area(s) of responsibility.
- Co-ordinate the introduction and implementation of new technologies and equipment to the manufacturing operation.
- Provide systems support where appropriate in the areas of PM’s, engineering spares, maintenance training programmes and calibration systems.
Qualifications & Experience:
Ideal candidate should have:
- Minimum 6-9 years of Equipment Automation, Software, or related experience with B.Eng in Mechanical, Manufacturing or related engineering desicipline; 4-7 years of Software or related experience with M.A. or M.S.
- Experience in Allen Bradley/Siemens/Omron/Parker PLC programming and integration.
- Experience with servo controllers, vision system integration, motion applications & HMI products.
- Robotics experience would be an advantage.
- Desired knowledge in the following: Object oriented programming, C#, VB.Net, VB 6, PLC, C++, Lab View programming or Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) software testing, version and change management software.
- Experience in a regulated environment with 21CFR Part 11
- 3D modelling experience (Solidworks, Autocad or Pro E)
- SQL Server, SQL Server Reporting Services, java and database design desirable.
- Effective leader with drive and enthusiasm
- Proven communication, project management and analytical skills required.
- Self-motivated, goal-oriented, team player
For further information on this Senior Design Automation Engineer role in Galway please contact Anna McGowan on 086 4667369 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.