Senior Design Engineer
Our client a medical device company is looking for a Senior Design Engineer for their site in Galway
Primary Objectives of Position:
As part of the Design Engineering team at our Galway facility the Senior Design Engineer will lead and be an integral part of a team developing the company's portfolio of platform delivery system products. This position requires a candidate with significant product development experience in the medical device arena, and one who will be comfortable leading and developing a team to develop its products. She/he will report to the Group Leader, and the position will be based in our Galway facility.
- Lead and be an integral part of the team tasked with the development process from concept generation through to design verification.
- Assist in the development of intellectual property generated by development activities.
- Ensure the application of new and existing technologies to provide the optimum delivery system design.
- Participate in trials with physicians to provide clinically relevant feedback on product designs.
- Provide technical feedback during frequent technical contact with customers to optimise product design.
- Support the maintenance of product files and other relevant documentation to comply with quality standards.
- Compile project plans and lead team to develop devices in accordance with planned activities, budget and timelines.
- An engineering, science or equivalent degree.
- 5 to 8 year's industry experience in a medical product development environment with a proven track record of leading teams in device development.
- Experience of coordinating and leading Design Reviews and the compilation of associated documentation.
- Leading the team to carry out actions in accordance with the project plan and deliver projects through key milestone phases and associated activities.
- Demonstrate a thorough knowledge and understanding of ISO 13485 & FDA 21 CFR Part 820 Design Control Proven experience of minimally invasive Medical Device design, development and manufacturing.
- Proven experience in leading teams performing FMEA's, verifications and validations for medical devices products and processes. Knowledge and experience with Medical Device sterilisation processes, specifically gamma and ETO sterilisation.
- Proven experience of work with catheter technology, catheter design and testing and catheter manufacturing a distinct advantage.
- Experience with engineering tools such as DOE, SPC, and using Minitab
- 3D modelling experience.
- Working knowledge of biocompatible metal and/or polymer materials.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of the required activities and deliverables from each of the development phases.
- Availability to participate in limited travelling to meet with customers to conduct scheduled reviews.
For further information on this Senior Design Engineer role in Galway please contact Bimi Felix on 091730022 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval