Senior Design Quality Engineer
Our client, a medical device company in Galway is currently looking to recruit a Senior Design Quality Engineer for a permanent job.
- Provide quality engineering support in design and development of medical device products, specifically ventilators. Facilitate the application of design controls in product development and sustaining changes. Provide support in the rapid resolution of product complaints and/or safety issues.
- Review new and modified product designs for quality characteristics, including manufacturability, serviceability, testability, reliability, and product requirements.
- Ensure that product development projects and changes to existing products are conducted in compliance with the FDA Quality System Regulations.
- Participate on cross-functional teams to review marketing requirements and to develop concise, unambiguous and feasible product requirements that support the market needs
- Participate on cross-functional teams to develop product risk management file (risk management plan, risk assessments, DFMEA, and risk management report).
- Partner with Software Engineering to assess risk, develop software design plans and documentation, ensure code and integration reviews occur, and to demonstrate software capability and maturity.
- Assist in the creation of verification and validation test plans. Oversee testing and analysis for standards and product requirements compliance.
- Provide guidance and direction for sample size and statistical analysis of verification and validation test results.
- Ensure successful transfer of new products to production facility by assisting in the development of process validation requirements (PFMEA, IQ, OQ, PQ) using appropriate statistical tools and techniques.
- Provide training to project teams on procedures, verification, validation, statistical methods and design controls.
- Create a risk management plan, perform product risk assessment, facilitate the failure mode effects analysis, and create a final risk management report
- Review Design History Files and Technical Files for conformance to applicable requirements
- Provide Quality support to facilitate the rapid resolution of product complaints and/or safety issues.
Education, Experience and skills
- Minimum Level 8 Honours Degree in Science or Engineering with 5-8 years
- Working knowledge of and auditing experience to the FDA Quality System Regulation, ISO 13485, and the Medical Device Directive.
- Risk Management, ISO 14971, FTA, FMEA, HACCP.
- Comparative Statistical techniques, sampling plans, GR&R, K-factor, hypothesis testing, ANOVA, parametric and non-parametric analysis.
- Process Validation (IQ, OQ, PQ), DOE, SPC and capability analysis.
- Test plan development and root cause failure analysis.
- Preferred Skills/Competencies: Previous experience working in a cross-functional team environment.
- ASQ CQE, CQA, CSQE and/or CRE certification.
- Familiar with statistical software tools (Minitab, Stat Graphics, Statistical),
- Stability, Biocompatibility, Sterilization, Ship Testing, HALT/HASS.
- Familiar with IEC 60601 and product specific industry standards.
- Familiar with DMAIC or DMADV(DFSS) methodologies
- DFSS / Lean Green Belt or Black Belt
For further information on this Senior Design Quality Engineer role in Galway please contact Cliona O'Malley on 091730022 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our CCP Recruitment website - www.ccprecruit.ie
Please Note: CCP Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval