Senior DevOps Cloud Engineer – Remote
Job ID: JOB-12445
Senior DevOps Cloud Engineer – Remote
My client a leading medical device company is looking for a very Senior DevOps Engineer to join their team. This role can be worked fully remote but must be resident in Ireland
As part of our Global Cloud Operations Team, this position is responsible for systems implementation and administration of Public Cloud infrastructure and platform services (in Microsoft Azure).
- Install, configure, automate, monitor, and operationalize various cloud services globally
- Perform operational engineering for activities that include platform upgrades/deployments, patching, monitoring, configuration, recoverability, and system troubleshooting.
- Work closely with a team of architects, engineers, and developers to create functional design specifications, Azure reference architectures, and assist with other project deliverables as needed.
- Design state-of-the-art technical solutions on Azure that address customer’s requirements for scalability, reliability, security, and performance
Professional Skills & Key Competencies
- Experience with Kubernetes Services/AKS
- Experience in managing Docker/Containers
- 5+ years of technical support including Microsoft Azure or AWS systems design and implementation
- Experience with PowerShell, Terraform, Ansible, other automation tools
- General knowledge of virtualization, cloud computing
- Experience administering/supporting Windows and/or Linux systems running in the public cloud
Education Qualifications & Previous Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or minimum of 10 years relevant IT experience
Desired/Additional Skills & Knowledge:
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure virtual network appliances
- Knowledge of network protocols such as DNS, SMTP, SNMP, SSH, SFTP, etc.
- Knowledge of Network and TCP/IP routing/subnetting
- Working knowledge of VPN connectivity
- Knowledge of backup and disaster recovery processes
- Knowledge of DevOps, Agile, Infrastructure as code strongly desired
- Knowledge of Azure IaaS, PaaS offerings and services in Azure commercial and DOD regions
- Microsoft or other cloud provider certifications preferred
- Strong analytical and decision-making abilities
- Able to build a strong partnership with business partners and the project teams
- Takes responsibility for delivering superior value and client service
- Works well with people who have diverse abilities, experiences, and perspectives
- Influences others without direct authority
- Approaches opportunities and issues with an optimistic, action-oriented, and solution-based approach.
- Good writing skills to document plans and process
For further information on this DevOps role in Limerick please contact Dee Curley on 086 7902191 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA on the basis of standards contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your personal data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review you data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of those personnel.
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12597 Accounts Assistant Our client, a leading manufacturing company in Galway City, is …
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12596 Product Design Engineer Job Summary Reporting to the engineering manager, the project design engineer- MIS will support…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12037 Quality Systems Engineer Our Client, a global leader in medical device manufacturing…