Senior R&D Director
Our client, a global leader in the Medical Device industry, are looking to recruit a Senior R&D Director contract for their site in Cork.
- Serve as the overall product development site lead for the Cork Innovation Centre.
- Develop a culture of teamwork and collaboration across the applicable product development functions (R&D, PMO, AO, QA, GQO, RA, Eng Services) to drive world class execution of Best-In-Class products, leveraging the technical competencies developed in Cork.
- Support and develop local on-site product development leadership and partner with the business units to leverage competency and drive product development efficiency across the organization.
- Continue and increase involvement with Universities to leverage research and graduate programs. Maintain close contact with applicable government organizations to facilitate government funding where applicable. In support of the TOM model, develop a connection point and mechanism to support EU VOC and expanded input into the new product pipeline.
- Continue to identify and implement NPD process efficiencies and drive a Global mind set across the Instruments, Recon, Endo and other applicable businesses.
- Will be responsible to build and execute a project portfolio that leverages internal capabilities and competencies.
- Will be responsible for integrating BD opportunities where appropriate that align geographically or by site competency.
- Will collaborate with the businesses involved to secure funding and alignment of strategic plans and priorities.
- Will liaison with all BU R&D, Marketing and Leadership across Instruments and the broader the organization?s teams for identification, quantification of opportunity, and funding/budgeting of said portfolios.
- Develop a supportive and influential network of corporate, divisional and functional leaders across multiple sites and strategic business partners external to the organization, such as, customers/surgeons, academic researchers, universities, industry groups, potential acquisitions, and others as required to maximise the business impact from the organization?s research and development activities.
- Partner with divisional marketing and R&D on development of international market and surgeon networks.
- Active personal and team participation in global voice of the customer meetings, customer/clinical trials, marketing/product training workshops and relevant health care professional conferences and seminars.
- Will propose structure and funding as needed for core competency building in collaboration with the business units.
- Will establish and maintain collaboration with research institutions and government to drive innovation in healthcare in alignment with business unit roadmaps.
- Will lead the efforts to leverage outside knowledge sources and secure government funding where appropriate
- Will provide guidance and support in terms of talent management, strategic planning, and core competency development.
- Will monitor compliance of all efforts with ISO, FDA and other regulatory agencies
- Will establish and maintain talent development program in collaboration with HR functions
- Will supervise creation and management of budget for directly reporting entities
- Will provide performance appraisals and development plans to direct reports
- At least 15 years related medical device experience in an engineering leadership position with significant engineering design and cross functional team project management.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal influencing, and negotiation
- Demonstrated leadership skills in working across organizational boundaries and capable of leading multi-disciplined teams.
- Self-starter with demonstrated efficient work methods, analytical & problem solving skills and ability to handle multiple complex tasks using independent judgement in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to plan, organize, and implement multiple concurrent tasks and projects.
- Experience of the Medical Device Industry or other highly regulated industry required with an in depth understanding of ISO 13485 and FDA quality system requirements
- Good understanding of the linkages between various technologies, the key design choices available and the customer usage patterns.
- Demonstrates strategic thinking in how the company?s businesses relate and impact one another.
- Experience in executing complex problem solving techniques related to design/technical issues and use of creativity tools for idea and concept generation.
- Must be able to read and interpret complex engineering drawings and have a good understanding of geometrical dimensioning and tolerancing.
- Willingness to travel internationally and work on international assignments
- Minimum Bachelor of Science or Engineering with 15 years of related medical device leadership experience.
For further information on this Senior R&D Director role please contact Deirdre Finnerty
on 091730022 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website ? www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval