Senior EHS Specialist
Our client, a medical device company in Cork are currently looking to recruit a Senior EHS Specialist for their site.
What will I be doing
- This role will have a strong environmental focus and will ensure full compliance with all site environmental licences
- Lead programs to continuously improve waste, water, energy and environmental programs on site
- Coaches and develops others on the site EHS programs.
- Maintains contact with the various outside environmental agencies.
- Monitors developments in EHS Regulations and interpretations of these by regulatory agencies. Advise site management of changes in regulations or interpretations.
- Develops and implements site strategies to ensure 100% compliance with all current and future EHS requirements.
- Manages the site's EHS Self Assessments programme to ensure conformance with Site, Corporate and/or Statutory EHS requirements.
- Leads and implements improvements to EHS management systems and programs.
- Assists in the timely response to external and internal stakeholder EHS requests and recommendations.
- Provides technical support and advice to line management on new and existing process and equipment in support of the EHS department's overall objectives.
- Develops and delivers EHS training to the site.
- Provides EHS input, guidance and direction to the review of equipment modifications, new process introductions and capital installations.
- Participate in risk assessments, inspections, audits, incident investigations, and implement and follow-up on related CAPAs
- Report on environmental performance to management at regular intervals
- Deputy for site EHS Lead where required
- Other duties, as assigned
What do I need
- Technical primary degree with a post-grad EHS qualification
- Diploma is Safety, Haelth and Welfare at Work (or equivalent) an advantage.
- 10+ years EHS experience in an operational environment.
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval