Telephone: 086 0449371
Senior EHS Specialist
Our client, a medical device company in Clare is currently looking to recruit a Senior EHS Specialist for their site.
What will I be doing
- Co-ordination of matters relating to Environmental, Health and Safety, driving closure of EHS actions by communicating with the relevant dept managers.
- Knowledge of construction regulations to guide the construction project
- Advising the team and managing all EHS risk with the two new business start ups
- Support and coordinate the Emergency Response Team
- Supporting EHS with the normal day to day running of EHS including managing the training program, updating the EHS DBS visual management board and task execution.
- Carrying out and documenting risk assessments for the new business with the ability to identify any risks or hazards with incoming new machines and processes.
- Support various EHS projects including ATEX compliance, VOC permit application, EPA Licence application, occupational chemical exposure monitoring and waste water treatment plant upgrade project.
- Monitoring of the contractor control program including giving inductions.
- Work on implementation / improvement action plans in relation to EHS Issues.
- Participate in the development and implementation of hazard control programs.
- Work with internal teams in relation to environmental and safety matters.
- To document any new procedures & ensure compliance to all relevant standards.
What do I need
- ATEX compliance and construction projects.
- Knowledge of Industrial products, chemicals and processes in Industry.
- Knowledge of Irish & EU Legislation in relation to Environmental Health & Safety.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to execute tasks in an efficient manner
- Third Level Diploma or Degree Qualification in Health & Safety or Environmental.
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Knowledge of the following EHS programs - Risk Assessment, Emergency Response, and Behavioural based safety, Ergonomics, Manual Handling, Machine Entrapment, ATEX compliance, Hazardous chemicals and training.
- Knowledge of either ISO 14001 or 18001 standards.
- Demonstrated ability to project manage
- A Minimum of 5 Years in a similar Environmental Health & Safety role is required.
For further information on this Senior EHS Specialist role in Clare please contact Jenny Dore on 086 0449371 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval