Telephone: 087 4108620
Our client, medical device company in Galway is currently looking to recruit a Senior EHS Specialist for their site.
- Drives the EHS culture across all business units and provide high-quality safety, health and welfare technical leadership.
- Keep up to date on all matters regarding EHS legislation and guidance and keep management and employees informed of their responsibilities under safety, health and welfare at work legislation, environmental legislation and applicable EHS corporate procedures.
- Manages accident investigation process ensuring all accidents are investigated and appropriate corrective and preventive actions are implemented. Report accidents to the HSA as required and manage HSA inspections and associated correspondence.
- Addresses risk prevention opportunities including hazardous materials exposure, spills, releases, accidents, fires, or other unsafe conditions.
- Implements and maintains the Integrated Management Systems for ISO 45001/14001.
- Ensures adequate evacuation and response arrangements are in place for fire and emergency situations.
- Develops and implements site safety and environmental standards and policies.
- Provides guidance and information on introduction of new equipment, machinery and new production lines and cells, ensuring risk assessment is completed and machinery acceptance procedure is adhered to.
- Ensures the process for Contractor Safety Management program and associated prevention plans are in place and reviewed regularly.
- Assists with the identification of EHS training needs. Develop and deliver EHS training programmes as appropriate.
- Manages and performs regular H&S audits and inspections ensuring timely closure of all identified actions.
- Understands the ergonomic effects of the working environment and assists in developing plans for maximum efficiency through ergonomic improvements.
- Prepares and maintains company KPIs and Metrics to display monthly statistics.
- Travels to European Facilities 2/3 times per year.
- Education equivalent to a Bachelor's Degree in Health & Safety, Environmental Protection qualification or related field.
- At least five years’ industrial experience in EHS related area, ideally within medical device/pharma manufacturing facility.
- Qualification in manual handling instruction would be beneficial.
- Previous knowledge of ISO 45001/14001 systems.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with others.
- Good training skills and the ability to train employees on various EHS issues.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to complete tasks in a timely manner while meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrated computer skills preferably spreadsheets, word processing, database and other applicable software programs.
For further information on this Senior EHS Specialist role in Galway please contact Edel on 087 4108620 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.