The primary purpose of this position is to ensure systems are in place and functioning to effectively maintain a safe work place and ensure compliance with all applicable Environmental, Health, Safety, and Security (EHSS) regulations.
What will I be doing
- Adheres to Integer Values and all safety, environmental, security and quality requirements including, but not limited to: Quality Management Systems (QMS), Safety, Environmental and Security Management Systems, U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, company policies and operating procedures, and other regulatory requirements.
- Serves as subject matter expert on EHSS matters related to associate safety, environmental protection, property protection, process and equipment safety, and security in a manufacturing environment.
- Implements site specific EHSS strategy and initiates policies, programs, and initiatives to ensure EHSS compliance and achieve EHSS goals.
- Monitors and evaluates the impact of new laws, regulations, and industry standards.
- Leads site efforts, projects and cross-functional EHSS teams in the direction of continuously improving work environment that is safe and environmentally friendly
- Ensures required records, permits and reports are maintained and prepared according to established guidelines by local, state and federal agencies
- Trains new and existing Associates on company policies, procedures and regulations as required
- Identifies hazardous workplace conditions, performs and documents job hazard analysis, and coordinates activities to ensure corrective and preventative actions are implemented.
- Responds to day-to-day Associate concerns in an appropriate and timely manner
- Manages the investigation of work-related injuries and works with Human Resources with workers compensation claims and return to work programs.
- Reviews, measures, audits and reports on efforts in attaining compliance with EHSS laws, regulations, company policies and best practices.
- Leads and trains Emergency Response Team (ERT) to be proficient in areas necessary at the facility including hazmat, incipient fire, medical or other potential emergencies
- Liaison to government agencies, emergency responders and customers
- Perform other functions as required.
What Do I Need
- Bachelor’s degree EHS, Occupational Safety, Industrial Hygiene, Engineering, Science or other EHS field
- 3-5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
- Excellent attention to detail, well-organized, and able to solve problems.
- Able to manage time in order to complete tasks by required deadlines.
- Ability to speak in public with good communication and leadership skills.
- Can work independently, as well as with a team.
- Ability to lead, motivate, and positively influence others.
- Self-driven and highly motivated.
For further information on this EHS Engineer role in Galway please contact Jenny Dore on 086 0449371 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.