Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned:
- Develops, administers and implement the site EHS Management System in accordance with IPC Licence, ISO14001, OHSAS18001, legal and corporate requirements
- Interacts with Regulators to resolve EHS compliance issues; establishes permit requirements and assists in EPA and local regulatory audit
- Co-ordinate and perform EHSE Audits, co-ordinating the timely completion of findings & actions.
- Review and analyses environmental documentation issued by the EPA and local regulatory agencies
- Monitor pollution prevention activities, compliance and auditing efforts
- Perform area, process and chemical risk assessments, identify opportunities for improvement and define controls in conjunction with operations, engineering and quality
- Lead EHS improvement projects from concept to implementation
- Proactively develop risk mitigation strategies for site risk profile
- Support and provide EHS Guidance to site laboratories— advise on risk prevention opportunities and controls including hazardous materials exposure, solvents or other unsafe conditions
- Perform incident investigations, root cause analysis. Ensure appropriate corrective and preventative action is taken where environmental, health, and safety hazards exist
- Collate and report the site EHSE metrics and KPI’s
- Provide EHS guidance to key manufacturing and R&D functions with regard to design for Manufacturability and sustainable development.
- Promote a culture of EHS excellence and provides high-quality EHS technical knowledge
- Review and update key EHS documents and procedures
- Support site Ergonomic Programme and carry out ergonomic assessments.
- Support the site Industrial Hygiene Programme
- Conduct studies and prepares environmental impact reports for new construction projects, plant processes and permit changes
- Contribute to the timely performance of the EHS departmental goals and objectives
- Continuously reinforce safety on site by providing/promoting employee awareness/training on matters of environmental, health, and safety
- An honours level 8 Engineering or Science degree
- A post graduate qualification in Environmental, Health and Safety, an advantage
- Minimum 5 years previous experience in EHS required
- Pharmaceutical, Chemical or medical devices industry background an advantage
- Detailed knowledge of legislation and ability to interpret and translate such information into site policy and procedures
- Good communication skills and computer skills essential
- Good attention to detail with ability to problem solve
For further information on this Senior EHS Specialist role in Galway please contact Amanda Reynolds on 0860468858/ email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.