Senior EH&S Specialist
Senior EH&S Specialist
Our client, a medical device manufacturing company in Co. Cork are recruiting for a Senior EH&S Specialist
You will be responsible for developing, implementing, and monitoring policies and procedures to ensure that the company meets and complies with all applicable regulations pertaining to Environmental Health and Safety.
You will assure appropriate corrective action is taken where health and safety hazards exist. Conduct training of employees in hazardous materials handling, emergency response, industrial hygiene, safety, etc. Evaluate work-related injuries according to worker's compensation laws and other regulations.
- Enforce and interpret company policies and procedures related to EHS by inspecting plant facilities to identify potential hazards, analysing operating records and reports, monitoring environmental indicators, responding to and documenting all inquiries regarding environmental or industrial hygiene issues, implementing corrective action where necessary, and ensuring that established procedures are followed correctly.
- Develop company policies and procedures to ensure compliance with all applicable Federal, State, and local EHS laws through knowledge of appropriate regulations and by monitoring regulation changes to identify areas that may effect Company's operations or liability.
- Direct all aspects of chemical handling and hazardous waste management to remaing in compliance and maintain operating efficiency by assessing efficiency and cost-effectiveness, determining the most suitable method for handling specific types of waste, and ensuring that operating practices are in full compliance with regulations.
- Evaluate and document work-related injuries according to worker's compensation laws and other regulations by exercising judgment based on regulatory knowledge and experience.
- Correspond with appropriate agencies to conduct site investigations, report actions taken by the Company to correct discrepancies, submit all required applications, forms, licenses, and permits and remain in compliance with regulations.
- Provide and maintains documentation for training and certification (where applicable) in safety regulations, procedures, and compliance requirements to personnel that
Experience & educational Requirements
- Level 8 qualification required in EH&S or relevant discipline.
- Ideally 5 years + experience working within an EHS function in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience of Chemical Safety, Waste management and ISO 45001 & ISO 14001 management systems implementation would be a distinct advantage.
- Excellent organisational, planning, communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to work on own initiative and influence at all levels of the organisation.
- Full understanding of EH&S requirements and relevant legislation.
For further information on this Senior EH&S Specialist role in Cork please contact Amanda Reynolds on 0860468858/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Contact: Bimi Felix Email: email@example.com Telephone: 091730022 Test Engineer Our client, a manufacturing company in Galway are currently looking to…
Senior Recruitment Consultant HERO Recruitment is hiring a Senior Recruitment Consultant for our Galway office. HERO Recruitment is a multi-award…
Senior Firmware Developer Our client, a telecommunications company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Senior Firmware Developer for…