Senior EHS Specialist
Job ID: JOB-11719
Senior EHS Specialist The purpose of this role is to advise and guide the company, and demonstrate leadership on EHS matters to ensure the safety and health of the workforce, and the protection of the environment. Ensures the company is aware of, and complies with applicable environmental, health and safety legislative and other requirements Key Responsibilities
- Manage the implementation and improvement of the EH&S Management System namely ISO 14001:2015, ISO 45001:2018 and IPC Licence.
- Stay informed of current and new EH&S regulatory requirements and other guidelines and integrate the requirements into the EH&S management system.
- Maintain plant statistic, KPI’S, performance to goals and other records necessary to document EH&S Management System status and comply with regulatory requirements.
- Manage all aspects of the site’s waste management programme.
- Represent Client to outside parties, such as regulatory agencies.
- Represent Client at local and national government bodies to ensure legal EH&S compliance.
- Maintain metrics for assessing EH&S effectiveness.
- Works with Supervisors, Trainers and Technicians to identify and control significant environmental, health and safety impacts of operations.
- Contributes to the development the site’s Safety Statement to include hazard identification, hazard risk assessment, and hazard control programmes and participates in their implementation.
- Takes a central role in working with internal committees and training efforts.
- Ensures that all required records are prepared and maintained.
- Participates in and prepares for EHS inspections by external agencies, and all system audits.
- Investigates, prepares, communicates and manages reports on incidents, injuries, ill-health, and corrective actions as required Qualifications
- Level 8 honours degree in a relevant discipline
- The EHS Specialist has an understanding of matters related to EH&S and a significant information and support network, normally developed over 2 years of EH&S experience and/or educational background.
- He/she is knowledgeable of legislative requirements, and systems needed to implement sound EH&S practice.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and collaboration skills are essential.
For further information on this Senior EHS Specialist role in Galway, please contact Caroline Kingston on 0868395531/ firstname.lastname@example.org Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/ Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Job ID: JOB-11850 Supplier Engineer Our client, a leading medical device company in Galway is seeking to recruit a Supplier…
Job ID: JOB-11849 R&D Biomaterials Senior Engineer Our client a leading medical device company in Galway are seeking applicants for…
Job ID: JOB-11845 Control Systems Engineer Position Summary: Our client, based in Galway are recruiting for an experienced Control Systems…