Senior EHS Specialist
Senior Environmental Health & Safety Specialist
Our MNC Medical Device & Pharmaceutical Client are recruiting for an EHS Lead for their West Galway city site. You will report into the Senior Engineering Manager and be managing EHS for this medical device manufacturing site of about 85 people.
This new role is a 12 month fixed term contract to begin with and is an excellent opportunity to a part of a growing company, it is also commutable from parts of Clare or Mayo.
As EHS Specialist you will be directly involved in the development and administration of site environment, health and safety programmes with special emphasis on employee safety and education.
- Develop and maintain Global EHS standards, policies, systems and programs applicable to the site.
- Drive and lead the site EHS function to align with corporate goals and develop programs and continuous improvement efforts.
- Provide EHS leadership and direction for management, professional, technical and support staff across the site.
- Ensure systems are in place to enable site to operate in legal and ethical compliance with regard to EHS issues.
- Provide business perspective, strategic and tactical direction to develop and implement EHS initiatives for the EHS long range plan.
- Represent the company externally on matters related to EHS with external regulatory agencies and non-government organizations.
- Maintain a broad understanding of local, regional and global EHS regulations and practices for area of responsibility.
- Providing training materials and conducts training as required.
- Conducts with supervisors/managers of departments, regular inspections of work conditions and practices.
- As requested, review the environment, safety and health aspects of new substances, equipment, plant modifications and layout.
- Modifying as necessary and maintaining the facility’s emergency response plan.
- Planning, scheduling, and conducting facility wide fire and evacuation drills.
- Maintain and update IT reporting databases and generate monthly and quarterly EHS performance reports to senior management.
- Leading the site Energy Reduction Program to align with corporate goals.
- Understand and comply with all the regulations governing Occupational Health & Safety and the environmental systems, including knowledge of; ISO 14001, ISO 45001 and ISO 50001.
- Revise the site safety statement as required and ensure all employees are familiar with its content.
- Promote employee awareness / training on matters of environment, health and safety.
- Other duties as assigned by senior management.
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- 6 years of EHS related experience. Preferably Pharmaceutical or Medical Device.
- EHS related Engineering Bachelor’s Degree and/or Master’s Degree – or related degree
- Development of practical, applicable standards and/or policies that meet business objectives
- Technical expertise in the EHS function as well as technical writing and business communications
- Ability to actively listen, build and maintain effective working relationships with internal/ external colleagues and stakeholders, and resolve conflict
- Ability to successfully manage projects and programs
- Must be able to organise and prioritise tasks and be detail orientated and self-motivated
- Must have excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills
For further information on this Senior EHS role in Galway please contact Amanda Reynolds on 0860468858/ email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Senior Environmental Health & Safety Specialist Our MNC Medical Device & Pharmaceutical Client are recruiting for an EHS Lead for…
Senior EH&S Specialist Our client, a medical device manufacturing company in Co. Cork are recruiting for a Senior EH&S Specialist…
Senior Sourcing Specialist Job Summary Responsible to develop and lead local sourcing activities. Drive cost out of the business in…