Telephone: 087 2197421
Senior Electrical Engineer
Our client, a medical device company in Limerick is currently looking to recruit a Senior Electrical Engineer for their site.
Be the Senior Electrical Engineer
- Design electronic assemblies and printed circuit board assemblies to support electro-mechanical medical device product development and life cycle.
- Work with cross functional teams such as mechanical, software, systems and quality engineering to contribute to project schedules and project budgets in the coordination of overall product development.
- Mentor more junior colleagues.
- Evaluate and implements designs to insure that all agency requirements (UL, IEC, FDA) are being met throughout the design process.
- Design and tests for EMI compliance, safety, manufacturability.
- Apply failure analysis skills to determine and document root cause of product system or component failure.
- Generate design specifications, test protocols and test reports.
- Participate in technical design reviews to ensure electrical design integrity and safety are achieved.
- Minimum Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering (Masters of Science degree preferred)
- 7+ years of electrical engineering design experience
- Experience with systems integration especially in electromechanical systems.
- Significant experience in the design of microcontroller based instrumentation and front-end analog sensor electronics, motor controllers, switching power supplies, battery charging circuits, keypads, displays, USB and wireless communication, as well as A/D and digital electronics.
- Working knowledge of Product Development Process
- Experience in utilizing laboratory equipment such as oscilloscopes, multi-meters, power supplies, waveform generators, microscopes, environmental chambers, etc.
- Strong background in complex circuit design, PCB design, electro-mechanical design, EMI/EMC compliance, safety compliance, failure investigation/troubleshooting.
- Excellent interpersonal communication, presentation, problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience in medical device industry is a plus
- IEC 60601 3rd Edition Compliance experience is a plus
- DFSS knowledge is a plus
For further information on this Senior Electrical Engineer role in Limerick please contact Anne Marie Fox on 087 2197421 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.