Senior Electrical Engineer - Contract
Our client, a medical device company in Limerick are currently looking to recruit a Senior Electrical Engineer for their site.
The Electrical Engineer will manage and develop the ongoing initiatives required to keep both the Machine Safety and Plant Electrical Engineering Structure to the forefront of good engineering practice
- To develop, maintain and implement machine safety and electrical engineering systems that integrate harmoniously into a fast-paced medical device engineering project structure, while adhering to the best in engineering practice.
- Ensure organisation meets corporate and regulatory requirements from a machine safety and electrical engineering perspective
- To coordinate and collaborate with numerous international parties including sister plants and global corporate oversight bodies, in the defining and shaping of machine safety and electrical engineering standards and strategies that integrate coherently with the existing project systems.
- To co-ordinate the plant electrical runability team, by directing and supporting the team as and when required in the troubleshooting and resolving of plant electrical issues.
- To identify, manage and co-ordinate when senior plant electrical engineering expertise is required for applicable projects.
- Where necessary challenge and provide suitable alternatives to corporate and/or other system requests that could result in having a detrimental impact to base business and/or current project execution structure.
- To manage and develop electrical engineering standards applicable to the requirements of the site for issue to relevant vendors.
- To manage existing and required machine safety and electrical systems so that they remain current, useable, and fit for purpose.
- To have knowledge of, and to understand and utilise the current EPLAN P8, Autodesk Vault, AutoCAD, and Amtech software packages.
- Investigate and produce scope requirements for all projects where improvements in machine safety or electrical systems can be incorporated in to planned projects.
- To maintain current generic machine safety and electrical URS specification documentation to ensure they remain compliant with regulatory and corporate requirements.
- Develop and maintain site machine safety and electrical FAT and SAT procedures, to ensure relevant systems are in place to allow for all projects to be validated to all required specifications.
- Develop and maintain electrical quality management system
- Develop and maintain long term vision for plant electrical systems and plant architecture in order to future proof the plant in so far as reasonably practical.
- To source, manage and co-ordinate all plant electrical contractors and ensure suitable completion exists with regard to electrical pricing.
- To Project Manage all in-house plant electrical projects.
- Management and delivery of a new in-house automation and electrical workshop/lab, where off-line testing, repairs and equipment optimisation can be executed safely and in compliance with all corporate equipment and safety standards.
- Review and update as required, all electrical project scope documents, to insure the inclusion of all site electrical strategies for machine safety, obsolescence, runability and any other relevant issues.
- Drafting of Electrical Project RFQ’s for approval by senior electrical engineering.
- On line support for Electrical FAT and SAT activities as required for compliance with relevant standards and procedures.
- To accurately record electrical runability issues and to present project proposals that identify where areas of electrical runability can be improved.
- Review and Approval of all project documentation issued to the site by vendors.
- To co-ordinate and manage the plants in-house electrical certification and badging system.
Qualifications and Experience
- Third level qualification Degree in Electrical Engineering with a background in machine safety a distinct advantage
- 5 - 10 years Electrical Engineering working in a Manufacturing facility. Medical Device or similar a distinct advantage.
- Experience in identifying corrective actions and solutions for project, and electrical hazards identified.
- Experience in the completion of electrical inspection and verification test protocols.
- Proficient in the use of Electrical Engineering systems similar to EPLAN P8, Amtech, Autodesk Vault and CAD.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office tools (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint). MS Project - an advantage.
Key Individual Leader Competencies:
- Builds strong productive relationships
- Demonstrates ability to work with teams and individuals
- Asserts personal ideas and opinions using persuasion to influence others
- A self-starter who can drive and manage projects while collaborating with relevant stakeholders to ensure project deliverables are met to defined schedules.
- Seeks opportunities to grow and develop professionally
- Uses best practices to improve business operations
- Holds self as accountable for compliant and flawless execution
- Takes personal responsibility for decisions that successfully build customer value
- Effectively manages and adapts to change
- Demonstrates the courage to stand alone on ideas and opinions that differ from others
- Listens effectively and remains open to other’s ideas.
- Works effectively with people that have diverse styles, talents and ideas
- Maintains the highest standards of ethical behaviour
- Treats people with dignity and respect
For further information on this Senior Electrical Engineer role in Galway please contact Caroline Kingston on 086 8395531 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval