Senior Electrical Engineer job in Limerick
Our client, a medical device company in Limerick are currently looking to recruit a Senior Electrical Engineer - FPGA for their site.
About your role
As part of a cross functional project team the Senior Electrical Engineer will be responsible for the designing and verification of our Field Programmable Gate Arrays. You will work closely with fellow engineers based in remote facilities to determine root cause of product failure, troubleshoot, and provide timely solutions to any issues. In this role you will provide high quality and innovative solutions to a wide range of challenging problems. You will have the opportunity to contribute to the full completion of specific design projects and new and exciting technology. As part of an expanding team you will have excellent opportunities to broaden your knowledge and develop your career within a Global business.
- Utilize excellent troubleshooting skills with hands on approach to identify root cause and corrective actions.
- Complete product design enhancement projects; improve reliability and upgrade current designs leading to increased value and customer satisfaction.
- Ability to provide hands on engineering support to production process including design, build and/or testing of fixtures and prototypes.
- Assist technical service teams with field application issues as necessary.
- Directly apply knowledge in electronics and electro-optics to execute overall project assignments.
- Hold design reviews for modules and subsystems. Participate in design reviews of other team members.
- Learn and practice the company Global Product Development System phase gate design process. Conduct project work in compliance with the company's internal processes, ISO 9001, and FDA cGMP standards for the design of Medical Devices.
- Manage product changes using the change control process and the electronic SAP Change Management system.
- Interact closely with software, systems, mechanical and electrical engineering functions to develop comprehensive solutions to design problems.
It is essential that you have proven experience of working with FPGAs and complex instrumentations within any industry. You should hold a degree, or equivalent, preferably in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science. You must demonstrate a solid and extensive understanding of FPGA design and verification including, but not limited to state machines, high speed data acquisition, digital signal processing and external components.
Knowledge of printed circuit board digital design is required and standard software skills would be desirable.
This role would be well suited to someone with excellent written and verbal communication skills. Experience of working efficiently with remote teams would be highly beneficial, but not essential.
You should be self-motivated, independent and comfortable working in a matrix, global team environment.
For further information on this Senior Electrical Engineer role in Limerick please contact Deirdre Finnerty on 091730022 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval