Senior Electrical Engineer | Data Centre Design Exp. | Consultancy Experience Ideal
- Permanent position in the West with a considerable portfolio of works for the next 5+ years
- To build your career by assisting in the delivery of ‘leading edge’ engineering projects.
- To work with a vibrant, agile and multi-functional team in delivering projects on time, safely, to budget and to the required quality standards.
- To benefit from our clients Career Development Programmes that will enhance your leadership capability.
- To work with the best.
- Excellent package on offer with room for negotiations
As Senior Electrical Engineer (Data Centre design experience from an LV aspect ideally) you will be responsible for a number of construction projects
The role of Senior Electrical Design Engineer will work within the Engineering Team where they will be required to provide ongoing support to Operations as well as develop and manage work scopes. cross-departmentalization within the business and coordination with external stakeholders will form part of your remit in addition to ensuring the development of junior engineers within the Group.
From time to time, you will assist the project manager on electrical projects and to carry out work such as completion of O&M manuals, As-Built Drawings, RFI Schedules, Technical Submittals, Design, Procurement Register and Progress Reports.
Key Roles/Tasks/Responsibilities of the Senior Electrical Engineer
- Lead projects from concept stage to completion
- Liaise with clients, architects and project managers
- As a Senior Electrical Engineer you will lead the Electrical Services design for a range of projects
- Design and specification of electrical services for various types of buildings and sectors
- Production of detailed Schematics
- Develop the electrical design standards within the organisation
- Mentoring of junior engineering staff
- The Senior Electrical Engineer will be tasked with Providing fully detailed tender packages and monitor installation/quality on site until project completion
- Tender report / analysis / recommendations
- Develop project scope with design team / client
- Produce budgets and reports for clients
- Preparation of design drawings covering all aspects of High & Low voltage equipment.
- Liaise and co-ordinate with members of the design team, contractors and in-house project team on technical and commercial issues.
- Creation of installed drawings and O&M manuals.
- Attend technical meetings with members of the design team, contractors, and in-house project team.
- Assist with the preparation of technical documentation for issue of tenders and construction.
- Prepare tender, construction and as-built design drawings using AutoCAD.
- Prepare project programs using MS project.
- Prepare wiring schematics for electrical services such as fire alarm, nurse call, intruder alarm, door access, emergency lighting.
- Carry out lighting design calculations.
- Carry out cable sizing and cable containment sizing calculations.
- Ensuring all latest building and electrical design standards and regulations are adhered to.
- The Senior Electrical Engineer will ideally possess a 3rd level qualification in Electrical Engineering / Building Services Engineering
- You will possess LV design experience specific to Data Centre environments ideally
- The Senior Electrical Engineer will possess 8+ years experience in the construction industry of which 5+ years will have ideally been spent in a Design role.
- some experience of working on a construction sites will be advantageous however not mandatory
- Experience managing and mentoring a team of engineers
- Experience coordinating/interfacing with other disciplines within the organisation
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, Autocad, Dialux, Amtech, REVIT an advantage
- Specification and design of Electrical Building Services systems for the Data Centre sector or similar
- Excellent Microsoft Office Skills
- Position requires thorough knowledge of electrical design and engineering techniques
- Deep knowledge of ETCI, CIBSE, IEC, BS, IS and EN Standards
- Experience in working as part of a team
- Very good proactive communicator
- The role will be primarily office based but will involve some site attendances
- Be capable of taking the lead on projects with minimal input from management team
For further information on this Senior Electrical Design Engineer role i please contact Caroline Kingston on 086 8395531 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval