Telephone: 086 1070950
Senior Electronic Engineer - 24 Month Contract
Our client, a medical device company in Galway is currently looking to recruit a Senior Electronic Engineer for their site.
- Designs, develops, analyzes, troubleshoots and provides technical skills during product lifecycle.
- Designs studies to investigate specific life science questions within field of expertise.
- Translates discoveries into usable and marketable product design updates.
- Makes improvements of processes, systems or products to enhance performance of the job area.
- Provides in-depth analysis and recommendations on process improvements.
- Communicates with senior internal and external customers and vendors.
- May provide guidance, coaching and training to other employees within job area.
- Manages projects, requiring delegation of work and review of others' work.
- Supports customers by troubleshooting to root cause and resolving product issues as they arise in the field
- Maintains the integrity and safety of the range of medical equipment with high electronic content and participates in and leads projects to remediate the design history for our ventilator products and accessories
- Designs, verifies, validates and implements product improvements brought about by changes to electronic sub-assemblies.
- Identifies and verifies alternative parts for obsolete electronic components.
- Supports plant production goals by resolving issues as they arise in production.
- Performs operations in accordance with established safe working procedures, regulations, standards and general safety rules ensuring that attention is given to special hazards associated with the particular area of work.
Key Skills & Experience
- Minimum of a level 8 degree in Electronic Engineering (or closely related discipline).
- 4+ years experience in an Engineering environment (or 2+ years with an advanced degree)
- Medical Device Industry experience an advantage particularly with knowledge of standards compliance and regulations and design controls
- Familiar with a broad spectrum of sub-systems, ranging from analogue, signal conditioning data acquisition, transducer interfacing, power supply and microprocessor based designs
- Expertise in circuit analysis and simulation, schematic capture and PCB layout, 2D drafting and project scheduling are all desirable skills.
- Excellent Problem Solving Skills.
- Ability to manage workload effectively and efficiently.
- Committed to ongoing professional development.
- Dynamic, positive attitude and action oriented
For further information on this Senior Electronic Engineer role in Galway please contact Karl Lippett on 086 1070950 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.