Senior Embedded Software Engineer
Job ID: JOB-13129
Senior Embedded Software Engineer
We are seeking a Senior Embedded Software Engineer to join our team. This role will involve designing and developing respiratory care medical devices to improve the lives of patients worldwide. This role will be office based, with work also performed in R&D and manufacturing labs, and customer/supplier locations.
• Collaborate as a member of cross-functional project teams in developing products from concept through to commercialization.
• Conduct product design and development in accordance with CE & FDA regulations relating to medical device design and manufacture.
• Conduct product design in accordance with the project objectives with due consideration of project schedule, budget, risks, regulatory submission, standard compliance etc.
• Conduct and record proof of principle testing of prototypes to confirm feasibility of ideas and concepts
• Engage with clinicians and product users in their clinical setting to elicit user need/functional requirements
• Prepare technical documentation in clear and concise terms in accordance with good engineering practice.
• Liaise closely within R&D, Science, Manufacturing, Operations, Quality, Sales, and Marketing functions through the product development lifecycle.
• Maintain current working knowledge of the key international standards, regulations and specific guidance documentation that governs the medical devices industry including medical electrical equipment.
• Perform other assigned tasks as directed by your manager
Your Education & Experience:
• BEng or equivalent in Electronic/Software Engineering with a minimum of 10 years embedded software/design experience preferably in the medical device industry.
• Proficient in C/C++
• A working knowledge of the following standard and guidance documents for the development of software for medical device design is required:
• IEC/EN 62304 Medical Device Software – Software Lifecycle Processes.
• FDA Guidance Documentation.
• Specific experience of software development related to verification and validation for medical electrical equipment.
• Proficiency in software design for 8/16/32 bit Microchip microprocessors using Embedded C.
• Experience of using graphical frameworks for embedded targets, such as Qt desirable.
• Knowledge of low power analog & digital circuits including interfacing with Microcontrollers such as SPI, I2C, UART, ADCs etc.
• Familiar with interfacing of wireless communication modules (Bluetooth, LoRa etc.)
• Experience in creating the software deliverables for medical device new product development.
• Familiar with software development tools such as Visual Studio, MPLAB X, Compilers, ICD etc.
• Working knowledge of Software Configuration Management tools (Bitbucket or similar) and Software Issue Tracking tools (JIRA or similar)
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate in a multi-disciplinary team.
• Self-directed with effective time-management skills.
• Flair for innovation.
• Ability to document engineering evolution, development and testing using MS Office Applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
For further information on this role in Embedded Engineering please contact Michael Brennan on Hire@hero.ie or 086-440 3742
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval.
Data can only be transferred outside of the EEA on the basis of standards contractual clauses, to a country for whom an adequacy decision has been given by the European Commission or where the express permission of the data subject has been given. You have supplied us with your personal data in the process of applying for a position. Our client company may have personnel outside of the EEA who will review you data. We will apply the appropriate criteria in respect of the data transfer depending on the location of those personnel.
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-13245 R&D Manager – Photochromic and Liquid Crystal Technology Company Overview: Over 25 years of successful…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-13243 Senior Quality Compliance Specialist Purpose This role participates in maintaining site compliance of operations inclusive…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-13235 Manufaturing Engineering Supervisor Location: Clare Great opportunity to to be part of a diagnostics manufacturing…