Senior Embedded Software Engineer
Senior Embedded Software Engineer
Our client, a medical device company in Limerick are currently looking to recruit a Senior Developer for their site.
Are you ready to make a difference in this world? Do you want to be part of a team that develops ground-breaking medical and biotechnology services and devices? One person can make a singular difference in saving and improving lives. As part of our team, you will be on the forefront of creating and developing specialized devices, software solutions and systems to help others. Our new Centre in Limerick provides you with cutting edge technology and a creative environment to be inspired to tap into your inner genius. You are the one who can make the difference. Join us and be a crucial part of advancing the world of health!
You will be responsible for writing and documenting board level C/C++ code. You must be self-directed requiring minimal daily direction while collaborating with a global team to achieve agreed upon scheduled deliverable work. You will participate in a full software development life cycle and adherence to a quality management system.
- 5 – 8 years experience in a similar role
- Demonstrated success in developing products or applications. Experienced in developing software or firmware for optoelectronic and electromechanical devices for consumer, industrial, or medical applications.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Science or Engineering. For example: Computer Science, Physics, Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Cognitive Science or Mathematics.
- Solid C/C++ skills and software design, preferably for multi-threading and multi-processor application.
- Experience with common development tools, environments, compilers, build management software, debugging and source control tools such as IAR compiler and IDE, configuration management, and issue tracking tools
- Strong Design and Architecture skills
- Experience developing Hardware Abstraction Layers
- experience reviewing, porting, and integrating third-party code, or using application frameworks
- Solid Object Oriented design skills, especially the State Machine.
- Experience with common hardware interfaces such as SPI, I2C, UART, TCP, UDP, IP and CAN
- Development experience with Embedded Linux, RTOS
- Experience with the microprocessors such as ARM Application and Cortex architecture.
- Experience with memory management, interrupt controller and bootloader strongly desired.
- Experience interfacing with sensors, signal processing, controls, power electronics, motor drives
- Understanding of BSP development and driver development
- Hands on experience troubleshooting firmware/hardware interfaces using logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, and debuggers is required.
- Experience with developing unit tests, test automation, and familiarity with UT frameworks (ex. CPPUnit, LDRA, Coverity, Parasoft) is a plus.
- Experience programming Xilinx FPGA/SoC desired.
- Ability to plan and organize
- Ability to work with little supervision while handling multiple tasks
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Experience of working in a collaborative engineering environment
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills
For further information on this Software Engineer role in Limerick please contact Dee Curley on 086 7902191 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval
Production Supervisor We are currently looking for a Production Supervisor to join our Polymer Core Technology department in an Evening…
Maintenance Engineer – Junior 24 month contract As an all-round Maintenance Engineer you are responsible for: Maintaining, revising and modifying:…
Quality Engineer A leading Medical Device company in Galway is looking to hire a Quality Engineer for their site on…