Senior Employee Relations Specialist - Contract
Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Senior Employee Relations Specialist on a contract basis for their site.
You will have full responsibility for all Employee and Labour Relations activity at our Galway site, a unionized environment, consisting of 3000+ employees.
- You will contribute to the development of the Human Resource function by designing, implementing and developing an ER strategy that is aligned with business needs.
- You will be responsible for influencing and providing timely expert advice to managers regarding the application and interpretation of a wide spectrum of issues including Disciplinary, Grievance, Diversity, Bullying and Harassment. You will provide effective management of cases, engaging key stakeholders and developing solutions with expert advice.
- You will develop policies, trainings, and communications and provides recommendations for corrective action policy revision and/or improving employee relations management in the formal discipline or termination of employees.
- You will be leading the preparation for any external interventions.
- You will support the execution & implementation of ER programs and initiatives and keep up to date with current ER legislation and ensure this is updated in the company’s HR policies.
- You will participate in responding effectively to employee relations queries in a timely manner and ensure the company is legally protected in all employee related matters, while considering the employee experience and balancing appropriate risk.
- You will counsel and provides assistance to employees and all levels of management in employee or management issues guided by company's employee relations policy and labour-law legislation.
- You will obtain factual information concerning employee/management inquiries and employee suggestions and/or complaints
- You will own and drive individual projects and activities focused on reducing ER issues whilst developing a culture of increasing line management empowerment.
- You will analyse employee relations data. Identify trends and recommend solutions to improve process, culture and performance. Arising out of data from our dedicated Case Management System (ServiceNow) you will design and implement pro-active employee relations strategies to reduce ER cases.
- You will be the main point of contact for all Union engagement and will ensure that a cooperative working relationship is maintained with the union at all times.
- We are looking for a qualified person to Degree level in HR / Legal or related discipline and desirably with 5 to 7+ years relevant experience of providing
- expert advice and judgment to line managers on policy application. Post Graduate qualification desirable.
- You are a dynamic team player and can work effectively and proactively on cross-functional teams. You are experienced with an in depth understanding of Irish employment law relating to case management and associated risks, a thorough understanding of HR policy and processes and proven experience in conflict resolution.
- Previous experience in a unionized environment desirable.
- Strong credibility and ability to influence at a senior level with strong stakeholder management skills, coaching skills, ability to work at a strategic and
- operational level and to manage high workloads and conflicting priorities are
- You are a good communicator and fluent in English, both in writing and speaking
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval