Senior Employee Relations Specialist
Job ID: JOB-11678
Senior Employee Relations Specialist
Our client a leading MNC is recruiting for a Senior Employee Relations Specialist for a 12-month contract in Galway. This role will be a partner who provides Employee Relations and Labour Relations Expertise, Guidance and Resources utilizing a balanced approach contributing to a positive work environment. The department is committed to building skill sets and organizational effectiveness while delivering innovative solutions. The Senior Employee Relations Specialist is directly involved in providing expert judgment and advice to supervisors, managers, employees, and HR colleagues regarding a broad range of employee relations matters with the aim of ensuring a positive employee experience and adherence to company policies.
- Responsibility for Employee and Labour Relations activities in a unionized environment, consisting of 3000+ employees.
- Contribute to the development of the Human Resource function by designing, implementing and developing an ER strategy that is aligned with business needs.
- Influencing and providing timely expert advice to managers around the application and interpretation of a wide spectrum of issues including disciplinary, grievance, diversity and bullying and harassment.
- Provide effective management of cases, engaging key stakeholders and developing solutions with expert advice.
- Develop policies, trainings, and communications and provide recommendations for proactive policy revision and/or improving employee relations management in the formal discipline or termination of employees.
- Lead the preparation for any WRC/legal matters that may arise.
- Support the execution & implementation of ER programs and initiatives and keep up to date with current ER legislation and developments and ensure same is updated in the company’s HR policies.
- Participate in responding effectively to employee relations queries in a timely manner and ensure the company is legally protected in all employee related matters while considering the employee experience and balancing appropriate risk.
- Counsel and provide assistance to employees and all levels of management in employee or management issues guided by the company’s employee relations policies and employment legislation.
- Conduct workplace investigations and disciplinary processes in a systematic, thorough and impartial fashion. Strive to resolve issues in a timely and effective fashion.
- Own and drive individual projects and activities focused on reducing ER issues whilst developing a culture of manager self-sufficiency.
- Analyse employee relations data and identify trends and recommend solutions to improve process, culture and performance. Arising out of data from the company’s dedicated Case Management System, you will design and implement pro-active employee relations strategies to reduce ER cases.
- Be the main point of contact for all Union engagement and will ensure that a cooperative working relationship is maintained with the union.
Key Skills & Experience
- A qualified person to Degree level in HR / Legal or related discipline.
- Ideally will have 5 to 7+ years relevant industry experience of providing expert advice and judgment to relevant stakeholders in a multi-national cross functional organization.
- A dynamic team player and can work effectively and proactively on cross-functional teams.
- Experienced with an in depth understanding of Irish employment law relating to case management and associated risks, a thorough understanding of HR policy and processes and proven experience in employee relations.
- Previous experience in a unionized environment an advantage.
- Strong credibility and ability to influence at a senior level with strong stakeholder management skills, coaching skills, ability to work at a strategic and operational level and to manage high workloads and conflicting priorities are required.
- A good communicator and fluent in English, both in writing and speaking.
- Post Graduate qualification desirable.
For more information on this Senior Employee Relations Specialist contract role in Galway please contact Helga Reeves on 086 8168298 email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – https://www.hero.ie/
Please Note: Under its obligation under the Data Protection legislation, HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval
Job ID: JOB-11736 Senior Quality Engineer – Process Validation A leading medical device manufacturer in Galway is recruiting for a…
Job ID: JOB-11735 Senior Operations Manager Our client a medical device MNC is recruiting for a leadership role in Galway….
Job ID: JOB-11731 Planner/Buyer Our client in South County Galway is recruiting for a planner/buyer to join their team, you…