Senior Energy Engineer
Job ID: JOB-12846
Job Title; Senior Energy Engineer
Will be responsible for strategic support in the areas of energy projects and energy management systems, setting out goals and metrics, and full knowledge of the latest technologies and the EU legislation. Manages the design, coordination, execution, control and completion of specific projects ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments and goals.
- Work with the site in developing space/energy metrics & standards.
- Monitor the energy use of the entire campus and formulate an energy management plan.
- Maintain the site Energy Monitoring system. Responcible for the addition and removal of meters and ensureing there is sufficent system capacity.
- Maintan a calibration strategy for site energy meters and that calibrations are captured.
- Proficent in the implimetntation of ISO 50001 with minumin of 5 years experence.
- Organising site energy audits, annual energy system internal audits and annaual energy system exteral audits for compliance to ISO 50001.
- Impliment energy projects and maintain site energy budget.
- Liase with external consultants on developing Carbon Neutral strategies.
- Completing Measurement and Verification and claiming Carbon credits for completed projects.
- Maintain the site Energy Manual and related Energy system procedures. Ensure policy and procedures are implimented.
- Completed and close corrective actions related to Energy system Non-conformances.
- Develope and maintain the the Regester of Opertunities, Energy Action Plan, Energy Baselines and Energy Performance Indicators.
- Lead site energy team and liase with site sustainability team. Organise regular meeting with team and develope continor improvement strategies.
- Present on site energy strategy and energy system implimentation to Site Senior Management at Quarterly reviews.
- Participate and present to Global Management at two Monthly Global Community of Practice reviews.
- Work with the site in developing energy efficiency goals and objectives.
- Determine strategies for purchasing energy and make recommendations regarding energy providers.
- Provide guidance and recommendations on purchasing energy-efficient equipment and technology.
- Oversee and report on the implementation of energy efficiency projects.
- Promote energy efficiency and conservation throughout the organization through education and training.
- Developing financial models and business cases to secure investment in energy solutions
- Perform design review, value engineering, and construction management as required.
- Conducting technical and commercial due diligence on new development opportunities
- Manage energy projects from the programming of requirements through commissioning & validation.
- Support development, negotiations and management of requests for proposals & contracts.
- Assists in the hiring of engineering consultants for energy capital projects.
- Supervises and participates in the preparation of cost estimates for new projects.
- Lead the planning and implementation of the project, and define project scope, goals and deliverables.
- develop full-scale project plans, coordinate and manage project staff, budget, timelines and deliverables using appropriate tools.
- Monitor and report on the progress of the project to all stakeholders, including reports defining project progress, problems and solutions.
- Implement and manage project changes and interventions to achieve project outputs.
- Complete project evaluations and assessment of results.
- Degree in Energy Engineering / Energy Management
- 8+ years’ experience
- Detailed knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems, circuitry and load management.
- Strong knowledge of energy efficiency products and solutions, and emerging technologies (Solar PV, Solar thermal, Battery storage, EV’s, IoT devices)
- Demonstrable understanding of the ROI energy markets
- Knowledge of national and European energy legislation
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-13237 Design Assurance Engineer II – Galway We have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Design…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-13236 Vision Scientist – Galway Job Purpose Our client is a market leader in light intelligent…
Apply Now Job ID: JOB-12568 Senior Quality Engineer- Process Validation (Hybrid) At our Client’s Process Validation Department in Galway, they…