Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Senior Engineer for their site.
- The successful candidate will have a proven track record in managing and delivering complex projects.
- Overall responsibility for various projects, including identifying process improvement projects, design / development / implementation of new equipment / automation cost saving projects and development of auditable documentation packages relating to existing and new product lines.
- The Candidate will be capable of working on their own initiative, scoping and investigating complex documentation challenges, development of project plans, budgets, timelines, etc. to bring that documentation up to company Standards and working as part of the team to execute that project plan and as required daily support to Manufacturing and the Engineering Department.
- The candidate will be capable of leading cross functional project teams and liaising with senior management to ensure the successful completion of improvement and new product projects.
- Lead complex projects from initial concept to final validation, aligned to PM BOK standards.
- Planning, budgeting and leading of continuous improvement and /or new product/process based projects.
- Taking responsibility for integrating the Vertebral Documentation / Product Portfolio to Company Standards
- Continually assessing and reviewing day to day manufacturing issues / practises, consistently striving for improvement by analysing, developing and implementing manufacturing techniques and materials to provide robust improvements in compliance with FDA and regulatory requirements.
- Working independently and leading project teams or working as part of an overall project team on specific assignment objectives, complex features and possible solutions.
- Plans, organizes and provides direction to engineers, technicians and Production personnel, as required.
- Provide input and direction to management on various technical issues.
- Generates ECN (Engineering Change Notices), Protocols and prototypes under broad direction.
- Performs other related duties and tasks as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering/Biomedical or Masters in a related discipline with at least 7 years previous related experience.
- People management experience is desirable.
- Good working knowledge of medical device materials and processes.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills and the ability to work effectively as a team member.
- Experience dealing with Marketing, Clinical and Regulatory personnel and enhancing feedback to device concepts.
- Demonstrated analytical problem solving abilities.
- Ability to manage cross functional teams.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Good working knowledge of medical device quality & regulatory systems and medical device directives.
- Demonstrated experience of applying Lean tools / Six Sigma techniques to improve business processes & performances.
For further information on this Senior Engineer role in Galway please contact Anna McGowan on 0864667369 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website – www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval