Senior Engineer R&D
Our client, a medical device company in Tipperary are currently looking to recruit a permanent Senior Engineer R&D
Independently conduct development work as part of a major research and/or development project. Responsible for designing, defining and implementing system requirements for complex customer systems and/or preparing studies and analyzing existing systems. Interfaces with key opinion leaders of a given industry to define market need, conceives plans and conducts investigations that substantially influence company strategies or core technologies.
Receives minimal technical direction/review on broad scope or complex projects.
- Drives complex or novel assignments requiring the development of new or improved techniques and procedures. Work is expected to result in the development of new or refined technologies, products, materials, processes, equipment to broaden our client's portfolio.
- Successfully completes engineering work in one or more of the following: technology development, product design and development, test of materials, preparation of specifications, process study, research investigation (animal and clinical studies) and report preparation.
- Interacts with Key Opinion Leaders (KOL's), physicians and external experts to understand market development, growth areas and future needs.
- Possesses high end problem solving techniques that can challenge perceived norms and apply creative thinking methods to complex technical problems whilst adhering to regulatory requirements, projects deadlines and products costs.
- Assesses the feasibility and soundness of alternative engineering processes, products, or equipment.
- Applies modern prototyping methods (additive technology) to aid product or concept development.
- Possess knowledge of material science in a variety of areas utilised in implantable devices.
- Documents system requirements by writing documents, reports, memos, change requests. Methods used are determined by approved procedures and standards
- Authors, collaborates, and presents data to the technical community.
Qualifications & Experience:
A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in a relevant discipline combined with a minimum of 5 years of related professional engineering experience.
For further information on this Senior Engineer R&D role in Clonmel please contact Anthony Cummins on 091730022 / email@example.com
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval