Our client, a medical device company in Galway are currently looking to recruit a Senior Engineering Manager for their site.
- Together with the Plant 2 Operations team, you will be responsible for promoting and driving COS principles to drive continuous improvement and stability to the businesses supported.
- You will be responsible for providing technical expertise and leadership for the Manufacturing Engineering function across the production Value Streams.
- You will ensure seamless transition of new product development projects to the manufacturing floor in line with Business and Operations objectives.
- You will contribute to Operations strategic and tactical decision-making and developing and administrating budgets.
- You will ensure compliance to Corporate, Divisional and Site procedures along with safety regulations and internal and external regulatory requirements.
- You will hire, coach and develop new and existing direct reports, promoting continuous improvement, foster team working and develop skills for career advancement.
- You will share accountability with the Plant Operations Management team for the development of a strong pipeline of talent at all levels across the organization.
- You will maintain operating mechanisms to review and respond to measures per the QPI's and KPI's.
- You will develop and foster use of strong engineering expertise, A3 problem solving methodology and project management skills for the achievement of operations goals and objectives deployed within the site.
- In addition to leading the manufacturing engineering team, this role involves representing the Plant 2 Operations team as the value stream contact for one of the businesses supported.
- Level 8 Degree in Engineering / Science or related discipline
- Masters preferred and desirably with 10 years relevant direct engineering experience within medical device environment.
- A minimum of three to five years direct managerial experience of engineers and a career history of demonstrated progressive management experience.
- A dynamic team player and leader and can work effectively and proactively on cross-functional teams.
- Strong experience in process technology and validation, proven Project management skills and team development and influencing skills.
- Experienced manager with proven leadership skills, multi-tasking skills, process improvement tools (DRM, Six Sigma), decision making & judgment skills and influencing skills are desirable. You are a Good communicator and fluent in English, both in writing and speaking.
- Demonstrates Global Business Acumen
- Thinks Critically and Makes Sound Decisions
- Sets Strategic Direction ENGAGE
- Collaborates and Creates Alignment
- Attracts, Deploys, and Develops Talent
- Fosters Diversity and Inclusion
- Focuses on Patient and Customer
- Generates Breakthrough Ideas
- Initiates and Leads Change ACHIEVE
- Sets High Standards
- Instils Operational Excellence
- Drives Accountability
- Models Ethical Behavior
For further information on this Senior Engineering Manager role in Galway please contact Michelle Kilcar on 091730022 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out all our open jobs on our HERO Recruitment website - www.hero.ie
Please Note: HERO Recruitment will not forward your details to any company without your prior approval